× Gasr Forum Dashboard Forums Gallery Exchange Radar Rules & Information Community Guidelines DMCA Guidelines Staff List Member List Helpful Links Wiki Report a Bug Help
New Currencies + Payment Updates Read more... ×
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Alismora

GASR Exchange Discussion

With the recent release of the GASR Exchange, I thought it would be beneficial to open up a discussion topic so that you guys have a place to ask questions or get help on how to actually use the marketplace.  I'll go ahead and copy the info from the announcement topic so we aren't doing a lot of repeating.

GASR Exchange

8688b90dc4e0da85699a67791c343664.png

• The GASR Exchange is now open!!!!  The GASR Exchange is a marketplace for you guys to buy and sell all types of file/url/video based items for currency profit.  These items include, but are not limited to:
    • Tutorials
      • Drawing
      • Animations
      • Editing/Photo Manipulation
      • Pixel Art
      • 3D Rendering
      • Text/Typography
      • Vectors
    • Resources
      • Add-Ons
      • .PSD Files
      • Bases
      • Lineart
      • Brushes
    • 3D Program Meshes & Texture Maps
    • Wallpapers
    • Digital Prints
    • And more!  We will add more sections as needed and/or requested, so if you want to sell a file based item in store and don't see a spot for it, PM @Lazy or @Kelsey!!!!

The upload process is streamlined and we've made it incredibly easy to navigate.  It's as simple as entering your information, uploading your files/urls, and submitting to the marketplace!

Exchange Income and Profits

GASR uses PayPal to move any and all funds related to the website, and that includes revenue earned from using the exchange.  PayPal has a .35 + 3% fee tacked on to every business related transaction we make, so we've created a system that helps both GASR and you guys avoid paying high costs due to fees.  Please go over the information carefully as it might be confusing or overwhelming at first glance.

Every time someone purchases a product you have submitted, the earned revenue for that product will go into your GASR account credit balance.  This is basically a wallet that holds all funds earned on GASR.  You can withdraw funds from your wallet directly to your PayPal account easily with a few clicks. 

You can access your account credit balance, or wallet, by hovering over the "GASR Store" tab and clicking on the "My Details" drop-down.  Once you have funds in your account credit, a "withdraw" button will show up.  

8c955cef6166fbaca6dec6b118d59b6d.gif

GASR's Fee

GASR will charge a 15% whole transaction fee for every purchase in the Exchange.  The reason we have decided to go with a whole transaction fee is so we are not having to take out fees multiple times for the same transaction.  Once when a purchase is made (a 3% + .35 cent fee), and a second time when a balance is withdrawn (another 3% + .35cent fee).  The 15% will cover both fees with a tiny amount left over.

Withdrawing Funds

Like explained above, because we chose to take one whole fee out per transaction, the fee you pay covers one free withdrawal every biweekly cycle.  (Once every two week period, or twice a month.)  The free withdrawals can be used anytime your balance reaches $30+.

This is not by any means meant to restrict you.  It is your money after all, and you are more than welcome to withdraw any amount of money however many times you'd like, but for each withdrawal that does not meet the minimum balance and/or is more than the allow per cycle, the fees GASR pays PayPal in order to have the funds transferred to your account will be taken out.  So basically, if you don't mind paying PayPal's fees to get your money sooner and/or a smaller amount, you're free to do so.  We're not trying to hold your money hostage, but GASR cannot pay fees for a user who withdraws $25 every couple of days.

The withdrawing process is automatic.  That means once you make the request, the money will be removed from your wallet and added to your PayPal account under GASR's name if no issues or red flags are triggered.  We will not go into details on what can cause a withdraw request to be flagged, but they're for fraud prevention and help keep you guys safe.

Payment Methods Allowed

GASR members can use PayPal or any major debit/credit card to purchase items in the GASR Exchange, however, members can only be paid via PayPal.  If you do not have a valid PayPal account, or are in a country where PayPal is not available, you unfortunately will not be able to withdraw any funds from your GASR wallet.  This is not within our control and there is nothing we can do to avoid it.  We are still trying to figure out other ways for our members without PayPal to get paid, but we cannot guarantee a solution.

• Love 4

Fees Explained

If we do it automatically, there will have to be at least a .35 transaction and 3% fee taken out of your earnings every time someone buys one of your products.  Then on top of that, we'll have to charge ANOTHER .35 transaction and 3% fee when you go to withdraw your funds.

The other alternative would just be to tack a 13% fee on product purchases and avoid withdrawal fees altogether, meaning if you sell something for $10, you'll receive $8.70 and that $1.30 GASR receives will be used to pay for PayPal's fees both when you sell a products and when you withdraw your funds, with maybe a few pennies left over, if any.  (We'll be flirting with that line of losing money very closely.)  $1.30 to cover two 35cent transaction fees + the 3% fee of the total both times.  It really doesn't leave much room, but I figured fees being taken out once would be better than them being taken out twice, if that makes sense?

Let me try to whip up an example.

First Scenario - We charge PayPal's fees each time.

File Price: $10

Transaction Fee: .35

Overall Fee: 3% of 10 (.30)

You receive: 9.35

Withdrawal: 9.35

Transaction Fee: .35

Overall Fee: 3% of 9.35 (.28)

You receive: 8.72

So with the first scenario, you'd receive, after all of PayPal's fees, for one $10 file sale and withdrawal, 8.72.

Second Scenario - We take out the percentage fee once at point of sale.

File Price: $10

Transaction Fee: Free

Overall Fee: 13% of 10 (1.30)

You receive: 8.70

Withdrawal: 8.70

Transaction Fee: Free

Overall Fee: Free

You receive: 8.70

So with the second scenario, you'd receive, after using the $1.30 GASR takes to pay for PayPal's fees, for one $10 file sale and withdrawal, 8.70.

There's really no difference besides whether or not you want to go through being charged twice, or just get it over with in one transaction.  HOWEVER, both these scenarios are only true if we limit withdrawals to once a month.  Why?  Well, every time you request a withdrawal, GASR has to pay fees, again.  If you're requesting a withdrawal on $5 every other day, GASR will not be able to afford to keep giving them out 'cause we will literally drown in fees. 

So, with that, you'd be able to withdraw for free once a month and GASR will be able to offset the cost with either method, OR regardless of method used, even the 13%, we can charge you $1 per withdrawal, even if it's only for $5.

The reason we upped it to 15% over the 13% is because a) we'd like to earn a nickel for the service, b) I didn't want to limit you guys to only one withdrawal per month, and c) the 13% was cutting it too close to the edge on GASR losing money on certain transactions.  

• Love 1
  • Thanks 1

FAQs

Q:  How can I keep track of who buys or downloads my files?

A:  Every time someone purchases and downloads your file, they will automatically be added to a log that all file authors have respective to the items they submit.

c1cb5304d07e808d26095a23469bef36.png

Clicking on "Who downloaded this?" will bring up this log.  This log also records each time a file is downloaded separately, giving you insight to users who download your files several times.  Again, only the file author and staff will see this log.  

• Love 1

Alright so, let me know if you're confused on how to use it and I'll do my best on walking you guys through the process, explaining in better detail what can be sold there, or any other questions/comments/concerns you have!

:cutehehehaaas:

The fees aren't bad at all & it looks so simple

I cant wait to use this!

Related image

15 hours ago, Painyful said:

:cutehehehaaas:

The fees aren't bad at all & it looks so simple

I cant wait to use this!

Related image

Yaaaaaaaay.

Just let me know if you get stuck when you do.

I have plans to make the exchange even better to provide more control over the content you submit, which includes submitting files that you can choose who purchases.  I hope the marketplace becomes popular.

:lazedances:

I gotta agree, it looks very easy to use and the fees look fair. I am excited to give this a try soon. :uncunceunce:

Definitely awesome. 

I've stalked it already quite a few times and man its so easy to find things. Everything is so organized! I love it.

:llampret:

If I run into any questions or issues I'll make sure to ask right here. 

If you guys need help on how to get started on uploading your own items to the exchange or a more in-depth discussion on how it all works, just let me know.  I'm working with several people via pm to get them situated with the new marketplace, and I'm more than happy to help more.

This is an extremely easy way for you guys to earn money for your tutorials, resources, and whatever files/urls you have to offer.  You upload it once and people purchase/receive the product automatically after payment.  You don't have to do anything except watch your account credit grow and make sure you provide support to those who need it.  

:thumbsup:

• Love 3

Hey guys, 

We're having to redo how we take out fees from purchases, so please keep an eye on your files.  Because of transaction fees being solid (they stay the same no matter the final price of purchase), we may have to have our own and lower the 15% normal fee down a bit to make up for it.

I'll post more information once we sort out a good medium between the two.  Lots of maths going on right now.

• Love 2

Alright guys, after doing three separate sheets of math (ya, I was CRUNCHIN THE NUMBERS), I think we've finally found a good medium.

Commission Fee: 12%

Transaction Fee: $0.50

Explanation:  When we did our initial math, it was aimed at users who charged $5+ for a file.  Even though we weren't charging the initital transaction fee, we still came out clean on PayPal's fees.  Now that users are actively submitting to the exchange, we noticed that those who charge around the $1-3 range would cause issues later on down the road.  Because PayPal takes out a flat transaction fee per purchase, regardless of the price, we would end up having to pay more money just to complete the transaction for you guys.

Quick Example of old Fees:  Sell a file for $1.  You'd get 85cents.  You go to withdraw it, PayPal wants a 35c fee on top of the 3%.  So essentially, you'd be paying 37cents to withdraw 85cents... That's just dumb and a waste of everyone's time and money.  Times that x amount depending on how many transactions you have and just.. yikes.

So essentially, the new fee setup will allow users to still sell files for a few bucks without both of us being sent to the cleaners.  My only suggestion is that you add about 50 cents or even $1 extra to your normal price if you sell anything for less than $5 to make up for the difference.  Taking 3% off the commission and adding a flat transaction fee is going to make sure both parties stay out of the negative in the Exchange.  

I looked into other websites with similar marketplaces and most of them charge 15-20% Commission Fee along with a .50c transaction fee, so I'd like to say these new fees are pretty competitive for what we're selling.  Withdrawals are not changing though, so don't worry.  You still get your free withdrawals every time you hit $30+ biweekly.  Any after that will be subject to the fee like discussed before.

We'll adjust the withdrawal minimum as time goes on to match the economy on GASR.  If $30 takes a while to get to, we'll lower it.  If the Exchange becomes super active and it's easy to get $30, we'll raise it.  Again, we'll always inform you guys on any changes like this.  It's your money and you have the right to know what's going on with it.

Any questions, post and I'll answer!

• Love 1

(edited)

Question ;u ;

How can we edit our files we put up

I never got around to adding a preview icon for their display

and I can't seem to find any place to edit the settings and such even when I click on the download itself :c

Or.. am I

just

blind ToT

Yep I was just blind!

Edited by weeb
  • Haha 1

Locking due to constant post count spam. If you have any questions/concerns regarding the Exchange, please feel free to submit a support ticket!