Graphic Arts Services & Requests

The GASR Exchange

Buy and sell files, videos, and url products via the GASR Exchange, a user-to-user marketplace now open on GASR!!

2018 UPDATES & INFORMATION

Welcome to the year 2018!!  We come with lots of updates, upcoming features, and information.  Please review our announcement topic for information about all the changes that are happening this month!

Join GASR's Post Profile Design Contest! Prizes include 6, 3, and 1 month elite memberships, a custom title, ad space, and your design being implemented on GASR!
Lazy

January 2018 Updates & Information

Lazy    3,695

This was a lot of information, and I hope I didn't forget anything.  If you have any questions/comments/concerns, please post here and we'll try and answer them as quickly as possible! 

FAQs (If necessary.)

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Dork    687

Really excited about the branding!

• Like 1

Chiishake    128

How to use the dark theme? I would actually prefer it even if it's not finished and buggy. This new theme is hurting my eyes and giving me migraines.. :lazecry:

Lazy    3,695

The same way you could before.  At the top using the paintbrush or at the bottom using the Theme changer.

Chiishake    128

@Lazy Ah, honestly had no clue it was down there. It's still extremely confusing on the new site for me! But thank you :lazecry:

Sorcelly    1,529

wow GASR improve so much in a short period of time. Congratz to you guys and thanks for offering us a nice place to stay! 

2018 gonna be a great year! 

:2017happynewyear:

• Like 3

Dykz    665

Wow the functionality on the mobile version on GASR is so smooth. Loving it so far, guys! Happy New year. <3

• Like 1

oldmattie    878

I've always used light theme on GASR 

and I like how smooth and simplistic but modern it looks :aww:

• Like 1

Nini    172

Proud of our supreme leader friend boss :icry::iperfect:

• Haha 1

Lazy    3,695
30 minutes ago, Mattie said:

I've always used light theme on GASR 

and I like how smooth and simplistic but modern it looks :aww:

Same.  The only thing that's "white" on the light theme are the posts and lists themselves.  Everything else is gray.  If the website is too bright for you, your contrast (not your brightness) is probably not set correctly.  If GASR looks like a big ball of white, then its too high.  High contrast makes light colors blend together.  My contrast is set to 85. 

906d18e2593b0e3106b19f9694586bb3.png

There are 4 shades of gray and one area of white to the right of my picture in this screenshot.  If all you see is white, you need to calibrate your monitor.  A lot of monitors are set with high brightness and high contrast because it makes the quality of the picture look hyper-pigmented in the hopes you think it's a high quality monitor and buy it, but that's not really a good thing for you to get used to, especially as an artist.  It skews your perception of true color.  That's why a lot of tablet/digital art related companies sell their own version of a calibrator device that helps you adjust your screens.

https://us-store.wacom.com/Product/wacom-color-manager#/undefined1

I've suffered from migraines since the age of 4 due to a condition that causes seizures, and this theme does not bother me at all.

Sugarbabe    8

Theme change & more

I'm liking the new theme already, it looks really sleek and modern. I honestly can't wait to see the dark theme. I'll probably use that majority of the time.   You guys have really improved so quickly.  I love that GASR is expanding it's user base. Diversity is key and you guys do a great job at including all forms of art. I can't wait to see the rest of the branding. All the other changes sound great, and reasonable. 

Gasr fee

So essentially there's a 15% "tax" (fees) onto the exchange? I love how you guys made it really simple, although 15% does sound like a lot considering the highest state tax is 9.4%. If I'm comprehending correctly the paypal fees only add up to 6% +.65 if you add both fees together, so you're adding on a 9% fee?  Maybe I'm just reading that wrong but the math didn't add up to me when I read that it's covering both fees with just a little over. :bare:

• Like 1

Hope    282

I guess we're simply spoiled by the cute and fancy christmas theme we've had.  :llampret:

Also THANK YOU for linking that color calibrator. Ive been looking for something like that, but couldnt find it. I didnt even know Wacom offered it so I never looked there. 

However I look forward to all the news and implements.  I love the profile videos and plan to use that area very soon. The Gasr exchange is awesome aswell. Oohh so excited. :applause:

• Like 1

Lazy    3,695
28 minutes ago, Sugarbabe said:

Theme change & more

I'm liking the new theme already, it looks really sleek and modern. I honestly can't wait to see the dark theme. I'll probably use that majority of the time.   You guys have really improved so quickly.  I love that GASR is expanding it's user base. Diversity is key and you guys do a great job at including all forms of art. I can't wait to see the rest of the branding. All the other changes sound great, and reasonable. 

Gasr fee

So essentially there's a 15% "tax" (fees) onto the exchange? I love how you guys made it really simple, although 15% does sound like a lot considering the highest state tax is 9.4%. If I'm comprehending correctly the paypal fees only add up to 6% +.65 if you add both fees together, so you're adding on a 9% fee?  Maybe I'm just reading that wrong but the math didn't add up to me when I read that it's covering both fees with just a little over. :bare:

I was waiting for someone to ask this, because the fees for PayPal are confusing.  I actually have some scenarios already prepared using a 13% fee on transactions that I presented to the beta team while we were still working on the Exchange.  I'll post that info below.  The reason it looks like a 9% fee addition is because we calculated the .65 in as well instead of leaving it as a whole number.

If we do it automatically, there will have to be at least a .35 transaction and 3% fee taken out of your earnings every time someone buys one of your products.  Then on top of that, we'll have to charge ANOTHER .35 transaction and 3% fee when you go to withdraw your funds.

The other alternative would just be to tack a 13% fee on product purchases and avoid withdrawal fees altogether, meaning if you sell something for $10, you'll receive $8.70 and that $1.30 GASR receives will be used to pay for PayPal's fees both when you sell a products and when you withdraw your funds, with maybe a few pennies left over, if any.  (We'll be flirting with that line of losing money very closely.)  $1.30 to cover two 35cent transaction fees + the 3% fee of the total both times.  It really doesn't leave much room, but I figured fees being taken out once would be better than them being taken out twice, if that makes sense?

Let me try to whip up an example.

First Scenario - We charge PayPal's fees each time.

File Price: $10

Transaction Fee: .35

Overall Fee: 3% of 10 (.30)

You receive: 9.35

Withdrawal: 9.35

Transaction Fee: .35

Overall Fee: 3% of 9.35 (.28)

You receive: 8.72

So with the first scenario, you'd receive, after all of PayPal's fees, for one $10 file sale and withdrawal, 8.72.

Second Scenario - We take out the percentage fee once at point of sale.

File Price: $10

Transaction Fee: Free

Overall Fee: 13% of 10 (1.30)

You receive: 8.70

Withdrawal: 8.70

Transaction Fee: Free

Overall Fee: Free

You receive: 8.70

So with the second scenario, you'd receive, after using the $1.30 GASR takes to pay for PayPal's fees, for one $10 file sale and withdrawal, 8.70.

There's really no difference besides whether or not you want to go through being charged twice, or just get it over with in one transaction.  HOWEVER, both these scenarios are only true if we limit withdrawals to once a month.  Why?  Well, every time you request a withdrawal, GASR has to pay fees, again.  If you're requesting a withdrawal on $5 every other day, GASR will not be able to afford to keep giving them out 'cause we will literally drown in fees. 

So, with that, you'd be able to withdraw for free once a month and GASR will be able to offset the cost with either method, OR regardless of method used, even the 13%, we can charge you $1 per withdrawal, even if it's only for $5.

The reason we upped it to 15% over the 13% is because a) we'd like to earn a nickel for the service, b) I didn't want to limit you guys to only one withdrawal per month, and c) the 13% was cutting it too close to the edge on GASR losing money on certain transactions.  

Lazy    3,695

I forgot to add information about name changes!!!  It has been added in the main post under the updates section!

Demon    150

The theme looks so pretty and smooth:bgoodjob: & thanks for the breakdown about the fees, because I was slightly confused and the scenarios really cleared it up. 

2 hours ago, Lazy said:

Everything else is gray.  If the website is too bright for you, your contrast (not your brightness) is probably not set correctly. 

Also, this is so true! The monitor I have is known to have terrible configs regarding contrast, color, and brightness so out of the box it made everything look washed out and bright. Making a decent color profile helped a lot.

• Like 1

Ambee    98

Will there be other themes added in future besides the light and dark themes for the site?

I kind of think that it would be cool to have other colored themes besides just the two that of course would work with the sites settings etc.

Lazy    3,695
14 hours ago, Ambee said:

Will there be other themes added in future besides the light and dark themes for the site?

I kind of think that it would be cool to have other colored themes besides just the two that of course would work with the sites settings etc.

Probably not.  Once the "light" version is done, any version created after that for holidays and such, or any revisions to the theme itself as time goes on, will be derived from that as it will be the default look of the website.  The only reason we provide a dark version of the site is because it's an "easier" change we can do to convenience members who prefer dark themes, or want something less harsh to look at during the night time.  I quote easier because it's not really easy in the sense of work, but easy in the sense of creating an entirely different theme.

Creating themes is a lot of work and I don't think having extra themes is something we'll have on the agenda.  Having a dark theme alone is presenting some challenges in itself.  For instance, the posts on the dark theme have a dark gray background.  If someone copies the text and posts it elsewhere, it will show a dark gray background because the editor copies the formatting.  For example:

aeb439973180d084ee97ee10b03a1ff0.png

She's using the dark theme and that's what happens when someone is using the dark theme and the recipient of the message is using the default theme.  I'm still trying to figure out if a dark post background is still even possible because of this.

• Thanks 1