GASR Staff Directory
If you are interested in joining our team, you may apply for any current positions listed on our applications page.
The basic requirements needed to join any position on our team are:
- Have a content count of 300 or more. (Content is any post, comment, upload, or submission on GASR.)
- Be a member of our community for 6 months or longer.
- Must not have received any warnings within 6 months from the date of applying, and has a current 0 point warning balance.
- Has extensive knowledge of GASR and its community environment, including a strong understanding of our Community Guidelines, DMCA Guidelines, Privacy and other various polices, and our culture
- Can speak and write FLUENTLY in English. Extra languages are a plus, but not required. Conversational speaking is not considered fluent.
- Has excellent communication skills and works well within a team environment to complete tasks and resolve conflicts efficiently, and consistently enforces all policies without bias.
- Must be reliable and handle all responsibilities within a reasonable amount of time, with or without supervision.
The main benefit we hope our members take from volunteering on our team is the experience gained from working directly with your peers to build a community we can all be proud of. On-site benefits include a free Elite membership for as long as you are a staff member, excluding trainees. Off-site benefits include volunteer experience and a network reference for potential opportunites. Please discuss details with Alismora for contact information if you were previously on the team and are interested in listing us on your resume.
The only position that requires a level of artistic ability is the Marketing position. The Technician and Social Media Specialist positions do require those knowledgable in their respective fields to effectively fill the role. All other staff positions are taught, meaning any skills required to perform the duties will be learned during training.
This is a volunteer position, not a traditional job, so there are no set hours for any staff members. We all have a mix of school, day/night jobs, families, and other responsibilities that take priority, so staff are only required to participate 3 days a week minimum, receive all national holidays off, and can take time off whenever reasonably necessary up to 1 month at a time. Though most staff members are active daily for personal use, the average general staff member only works a few hours per week on their assigned tasks and any other tasks they've volunteered to take on, give or take depending on workload. The workload is effected by numerous factors, such as reports, help tickets, general moderation, community projects, etc. The only exception to this would be Event Coordinators whose schedule is based on planned events and their complexity which may require more time.
All staff members, regardless of role, are involved in the recruiting process. This helps eliminate personal bias two ways: All applicants have a fair playing field to be reviewed by people with varying perspectives; Applicants cannot schmooze specific staff members to gain an unfair advantage. Applicants who are pushed through the first phase of review are then sent to Administrators to do a final review to make sure all requirements are met account wise and if they check our boxes on what we look for in an applicant. Those with the green light are then contacted by a Coordinator for further instructions on moving along in the application processes.
You should contact the staff member who sent you the initial acceptance or denial message.
Applications are not processed until the current application period deadline has been reached. Depending on the amount of open positions and applicants, processing times can vary drastically. Most applications will be processed fully within a few weeks.
A trainee is a new staff member currently in our training program. Though they have limited abilities, they do fully enforce all guidelines and policies while actively being trained for their specific roles.