Taylor

Cancer Awareness Month [2019]

When my mom was just a toddler she was diagnosed with cancer, it was supposed to be a form of inoperable brain cancer but instead it somehow formed in her lower back and the doctor where able to remove a grapefruit sized tumor from a tiny little girl! She stayed in Shands for quite a while and the tumor came back but right before they were going to go back in to do surgery to remove it again, it disappeared! We have the x-rays as proof and it's amazing. She went into remission after that and has never relapsed since, she even had me and my older sister even though the doctors told her she would never be able to give birth! There is always hope.:klovee:

Edited by Naruex
  • Like 1

Could I have some help putting the All Cancer one on my DP

I decided on this one due to the fact that we have many kinds of cancer running in the family. Including my mom having skin cancer, grandma having breast cancer as well as another passing from an aggressive form of lung cancer. They are and were very important people in my life. 

• Like 1

I chose breast cancer because i know that that was once of the cancers my grandma suffered from, 
Though i dont remember much of her because i was still very little, 
I remember the pain my dad showed on his face whenever he talked about her, which caused me to feel pain aswel. 
When he talked about her he used to tell us how amazing she was. And he would always end up crying. Saying 'you never know what you have until you've lost it' 
Which is a sentece i can never forget and will always remember. 

Another case, 

Being a family outcast i didnt get much attention because i was 'rude, heartless, a bad seed' 
So i dont know of which type of cancer my uncle died a couple of years ago. 
But i know that he lost the battle to cancer too just like my grandma. 

I may not have been cloe to my uncle but i do know that he didnt deserve that. 

When it comes to cancer. no one does. 
I hope someday that they really do find a cure for all kinds.

♥ 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Cupsu said:

Thank you bb @Hiroki :byaslove:

maui youre welcome GIF

• Haha 1

could someone please help me by putting the All Cancer overlay on this dp, please :byaslove:

I chose All cancer/survivors because i have seen different types affect my family members. The one I'll never forget is the cervical cancer my grandmother dealt with at the age of 70. After months of chemo and radiation, she had surgery to remove it. Afterwards, I helped her pack her wounds, helped bathe her, and i'm happy to report she is now cancer free! I'm so lucky to still have her in my life. 

I just wish for the healing for all of those that suffer with cancer, and any other disease. We just need to have faith that our loved ones/friends will get better and continue living their life. :byaslove:

imageproxy.gif

• Like 2

2 hours ago, sippycup said:

could someone please help me by putting the All Cancer overlay on this dp, please :byaslove:

I chose All cancer/survivors because i have seen different types affect my family members. The one I'll never forget is the cervical cancer my grandmother dealt with at the age of 70. After months of chemo and radiation, she had surgery to remove it. Afterwards, I helped her pack her wounds, helped bathe her, and i'm happy to report she is now cancer free! I'm so lucky to still have her in my life. 

I just wish for the healing for all of those that suffer with cancer, and any other disease. We just need to have faith that our loved ones/friends will get better and continue living their life. :byaslove:

imageproxy.gif

dp.gif

• Like 1

I'd like to participate by sharing a short story about a friend of mine on another community. She recently lost her battle against cancer. Two months ago, she made a public announcement that she had been battling cancer for approximately 6 years straight and further treatment was no longer available for her. She also mentioned that the doctors said she only had a month left to live. Everyone was very supportive towards her by sending her fanarts and positive wishes, wanting to prove the doctors wrong. She became absent on the first week of June. Weeks later, her closest friend wrote an announcement to us that one of her family members informed him that she was no longer with them. He couldn't acknowledge the news for days, hoping that she'd text him to say that the news was false. She was a wonderful and talented person. She's one of the people there that inspired me to draw. I'm very sure that she's in a happier place.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Love this <3
Overlay on!

My story:

I lost my grandma to breast cancer that metastasized to lung cancer almost 10 years ago, over 2 years after she was initially diagnosed.
When she first found out that she had cancer, she immediately decided to forgo all treatment and just opted for pain management. All she thought about was spending the rest of her time with family, especially us grandkids. I have a lot of regrets about this season in my life, because I was a being a dumb teenager who decided to avoid spending time with grandma A LOT. I still cry about it now and again when the memories hit.

Luli, I'll see you again someday! :klovee:

• Like 1

I will put the lung cancer overlay on. I just this week lost my grandfather to lung cancer. Cancer awareness is imperative , and I appreciate GASR doing this event. 💕

• Like 1

EVENT COORDINATOR MESSAGE:

This event has officially concluded!

I want to personally thank every person who helped celebrate and spread awareness for this specific topic. I read through all of your stories and experiences, and I'm truly amazed by the strength and compassion you all have.

You may now remove your overlays if you wish to do so. :blove:

Everyone who participated in this event will receive the following award:

award.gif

If you do not receive your reward within a few days please don't hesitate to contact an Event Coordinator.

G A S R F O R U M

• Like 3