my grandma's sister died in breast cancer last month :(

@KirsChie

KirsChie.png

Edited by Borderlands
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Borderlands said:

broken image :O 

• Like 1

I wish everyone who battles cancer to have better days soon and to stay strong trough it all.

Cancer is important to me because:

Spoiler

I shared this last year too but I wish to participate now as well.

My parents are prone to skin cancer and my mom is also in risk of ovarian cancer. I believe that the consequences of this illness don;t down on you until it hits home.

My grandmother died of lung cancer last year in november. It was way too late to do anything, she died within a week or two from being diagnosticated. We had no idea because we always related her symptoms to already know issues like heart problems (shortness of breath and lack of energy) and age (going blind - cataract). It was a very hard year for me, with big changes and emotional instability. This hit hard and it affected my mental state and my relationships with others, because I felt like I couldn't explain how I felt about my grandma and how her death makes me feel, so I felt alone. I went to her grave alone about twice a month (that's how often I'd go home for the weekend) and I sang random songs, I don't think it was logical, but it made me feel better, like I could somehow tell her I cared. And I begged her to send me help and forgive me for the kind of person I was becoming, I was at a very low point in life.

Overall it took me a year to feel better. I used to hold it against her for leaving me so soon, because I felt I deserved her to be around many years more, but I finally let go of that emotion too. 

I hope my parents or other close friends won't deal with this, and if they do, I hope we find out in time.

• Like 1

I'd like to participate in this event! I chose all cancers/survivors.

My family and friends doesn't have cancer running in them or suffering from, as far as I know. But I do believe there was one family member who suffered from breast cancer but got cured before it escalates. So I didn't really lose anyone because of cancer. But other diseases are running in the family, which I lost my family members because of them. So I quite know how it feels when someone loses a person that is dear to them due to a disease, whether it is cancer or not. Everyone who suffers from something is a fighter.. so never give up, always believe in hope. Even if it is ever so slightly. If hope is there, nothing is impossible. I can't wait for the day where science will be able to develop the medications even better to the point where it surpasses all kinds of cancer, and eliminates every disease that exists completely. 

490529.jpg

• Like 2

My uncle suffered for cancer for 2 years. It was the hardest 2 years for our family, but I remember at christmas in 2017 when we got the news he was finally cancer free. That was the best christmas present any of us could ask for. My heart goes out to anyone who knows someone or who has gone through cancer. ♥

• Like 1

97bfceeb826e85542e30fef41fa237cb88e52577df62f947f052363b89b663fc.jpg.272cb4ba6d3ae7c575eec1b4ac2395e1.jpg

Spoiler

I lost my granddad to prostate cancer back in January. It started out as that years back, then spread to his bones.

The doctor did everything they could, which I thank them for their hard work in keeping my granddad alive until his last few moments. He made it to his last birthday, which was a happy occasion for me and my family. 

It was hard to see my granddad lying there. I've never seen my grandma cry - true fact-, so it was heart-wrenching when I saw her cry for the first time.

We know he's finally at peace and feels no more pain.

Ah.. this is going to be an emotional month, but my grandma will be surrounded by her family come the 4th, so we'll also be shooting some fireworks in honor of a great man.

My condolences to all those who lost someone special. To those who are still battling cancer, keep fighting to live another day.

• Like 1

Joining this event of course!

Such a great idea to support all the cancerous people we know and don't know! :byaslove:

• Like 1

joining the event to show support,

but even after the event, i hope we can continue our support for those who are affected by it :cuteok:

new music hug GIF by Alicia Keys

• Like 2

Hey guys can somebody help me place the leukaemia overlay over this display pic? I’m currently on mobile and won’t be at a pc til the 14th, really want to participate!

5E1B4C3D-1D9D-4FA4-93B1-899906640E56.gif.77bb90829607d6c97fe885c11ac9da56.gif

My story:

Over a month ago me and my partner recently lost somebody to leukaemia and it was very unexpected, quick but also heartbreaking. His uncle has been living with leukaemia for little over a year, never let it stop him from living life large though. It was sad how he passed, it was sudden too but they found a tumour in his lung that was aggressive and pretty much taking over. In his honour, I’ve planted all of his vegetable seeds and watching them slowly grow. Still hard to talk about it so I’ll spare a lot of detail but not a day goes by that I don’t miss that big, stupid scotsman! R.I.P Derek ♥️

• Like 2

@Krystal went ahead and fixed it for you! also I'm really sorry to hear about your loss, I think it was very thoughtful and beautiful of you to do that for him. wishing both of you the best going forward 

5E1B4C3D-1D9D-4FA4-93B1-899906640E56.gif.77bb90829607d6c97fe885c11ac9da56.gif.65dba1176354b92fdf5f51899a37ebf4.gif

• Thanks 2

37 minutes ago, Nemesis said:

@Krystal went ahead and fixed it for you! also I'm really sorry to hear about your loss, I think it was very thoughtful and beautiful of you to do that for him. wishing both of you the best going forward 

5E1B4C3D-1D9D-4FA4-93B1-899906640E56.gif.77bb90829607d6c97fe885c11ac9da56.gif.65dba1176354b92fdf5f51899a37ebf4.gif

Thank you so much hun for taking the time to do this for me, really appreciate it! & thank you so much for your kind words, means a lot to me & him. ♥️

• Like 2

I've lost many friends, and family to cancer.

For any of you going through it, we are here for you! And hope the best income.

Cancer is a big poop head.

• Like 1

I would love to use the all cancer overlay, not rlly good at putting them on tbh.

My grandpa died of brain and lung cancer 8 years ago, he was my rock and my inspiration and had a great sense of humor. Knew how to put a smile on my face, miss him terribly.

39014275_3677849285d18494d0b882.gif.d9c77e7c9c52f9b1f7a6040d2fd8f184.gif

Edited by Hailee
  • Like 2

its sad how much cancer is around us or in us, happy cancer awareness month !:bfahh:

• Like 1

lost my grandfather too soon to lung cancer a couple years ago & had a cancer scare myself with a couple thyroid tumors - cancer is terrifying & my heart goes out to everybody affected by it. 

Spoiler

i remember sharing this in last years event but i had a couple thyroid tumors about a year and a half ago, the first tumor grew to about 4.5 inches and although the cancer wasn't the fatal part, being told you had and could potentially have more cancerous tumors is truly life changing - i'm not one for cheesy dramatic cliches, but it genuinely changes your view on life and my heart bleeds for people who battle cancer on a larger more fatal version of what i went through. 

Edited by Ariana
  • Like 1