Taylor

Cancer Awareness Month [2019]

Can someone help me put the "Liver Cancer" overlay on my dp?:lazeflirt:

My Story:

I've never experienced cancer up close and personal, no one I'm super close to has gotten it. My great grandpa died of liver cancer when I was young but I thought nothing of it cause I was young and I hardly knew him. But after some years and family issues, both my parents started smoking pretty heavily, and I'm scared to death one of them is gonna end up getting cancer from it, my dad says he's gonna try to stop but he never does. Alex (my boyfriend) has these things in his nose that have a slight possibility of becoming cancerous, he's goes to his doctor every year to get them checked and thankfully they haven't become cancerous. I don't know what I'd do if cancer ends up taking someone I deeply love, and I'm incredibly sorry for those who have lost someone to it. Sending all the good vibes your way<3  

• Like 6

Love to all who's lives have been touched by Cancer.

Spoiler

Last year I talked about one of my dearest PEOPLE, friends, this year I'm going to introduce my service animal.

It may be silly, but it still hurt. It doesn't change one of my CLOSEST friends were ripped from my grasp.

I had a service animal. Beautiful Lab-Collie mix. Biggest brown eyes, and the most adorable attitude.

We rescued her from a shelter, now she WAS nervous at first, but she grew out of it rather quickly.

We moved into town, I got into high school, THAT'S WHERE ALL THE ISSUES BEGAN. I can't really get into that, just because it's really personal. Through it though, Lady became my service dog. In public I didn't need her AS much, it was more of when I was home. Family life was rough.

She would sit with me through thunderstorms, anxiety and panic attacks. She was truly amazing.

Here's a pic of her actually when I got home from school one day, she TOOK my bag and just DID this LOL.

image0.jpg

Now, I wasn't too sure what was going on at the time, but she had a MASSIVE growth in her back leg. It kept getting bigger, all the bad stuff you could possibly imagine. She was taken to the vet, and it was confirmed cancer. Now, the vet offered to remove but due to her age and just how weak she had been getting up to this point? Nothing could've really been done, and at the time MONEY. We couldn't really do anything, it was awful.

She was on antibiotics, and felt good for another 2 years over the estimated time she was given, so to me... that was a win beyond anything.

When we were aware of how close our time with her was coming to an end, we did all kinds of things.

Car rides, took her to McDonalds! LOL

She wasn't really got onto for much. 

She was the greatest hello, and definitely the hardest goodbye. Not a day goes by when I don't think about her.

I chose the Breast Cancer Overlay. 

I have not personally had breast cancer, but many I've known have. 

Friends, aunts, grandmothers. 

Have lost 2 loved ones to cancer, miss and hold dear to this day. Many more have won, and that's a blessing.

It isn't an easy subject at all. 

Cancer is something no individual deserves, but also something no person could forget.

Love and support to anyone that has been touched by cancer.

• Like 4

I would love to participate in this event!

autism awareness day GIF

Spoiler

This event means a lot, not only is it representing the support of everyone around who have lost a loved one or are currently supporting their loved ones through the tough times but mostly giving support to those who are suffering.

My family's story,

My Grandmother on my dad's side had lymphocytic leukemia which also developed a second cancer which was located in the lungs, she was a smoker for more then 30 + years. I was a child at the time and helped out when she needed it, I didn't fully understand why or how she got sick and why she was refusing help. She lived years on a oxygen tank and other machines refusing chemotherapy and drugs to manage it, she was a tough broad. She was my granny that was stubborn, opinionated, but also ate bologna sandwiches, watched I Love Lucy, The Andy Griffith show, and smoked cigarettes till she was transported to the hospital. She was determined to see my brother and I graduate from high school but her fight ended in '07 when she had declined the idea of being on life support. She passed away peacefully in the hospital and I remember my mom explaining what happened while walking out of the hospital. Through her years she was in tremendous pain and I wish I did a lot more to help ease it. That was my first experience with coming to terms with cancer and death. 

My Mom was diagnosed with Uterine fibroids, which is not cancerous. When they went through with all the tests they determined she didn't have cancer, they did a second test before surgery revealing small traces of cancer in her cervix. She already had an early stage of cervical cancer developing when the surgery had taken place, they were able to remove all her cancerous cells while taking out the fibroids. I'm beyond grateful to the doctors who provided extra care to double check and do another test. My mom was diagnosed in '08 and is cancer free to this day! She is modest and claims she never had cancer just because they found it on the early stages and many families aren't so lucky.

My Grandfather on my mom's side kept his cancer a secret from my family until it started to impact him physically, you could tell he was ill. My grandfather had malignant melanoma 4 times and left the cancer untreated for years, he was in disbelief he had cancer and just didn't want to worry anyone. My Step-Grandmother forced him to go to the doctors to get it treated and he was able to get most of the skin cancer gone. He was diagnosed late last year / early this year with lung adenocarcinoma, it's in the early stages so he is taking medication for it. My family and I are praying that the medication will work, so far he is in high hopes and that's all we really ask for.

My Grandmother on my mom's side also kept her cancer a secret, she raised me so this one hits home a lot harder. She was diagnosed with cancer early this year but the doctors assumed she had it for awhile, they removed that mass shortly after being diagnosed but they found more cancer spread in her body. They were unable to remove the cancer so now she is battling it through chemotherapy in which the doctors are semi-confident that it will work, my grandmother finally had the conversation with me being her executor for her will if the chemo doesn't show any improvement she is going to stop the treatments and let the cancer spread. She's the light of my life, and the person I always go to for advice, I respect her opinion a lot, and I'm very blessed with being able to meet her during this life time.

I can only pray that one day the world will have a better answer to defeat cancer.

“You gain strength, courage, and confidence by every experience in which you really stop to look fear in the face. You must do the thing which you think you cannot do” – Eleanor Roosevelt 

Edited by Valkyrie
  • Like 3

𝙄 𝙬𝙖𝙨 𝙟𝙪𝙨𝙩 𝙧𝙚𝙘𝙚𝙣𝙩𝙡𝙮 𝙩𝙤𝙡𝙙 𝙩𝙝𝙖𝙩 𝙤𝙣𝙚 𝙤𝙛 𝙢𝙮 𝙘𝙡𝙤𝙨𝙚𝙩 𝙛𝙧𝙞𝙚𝙣𝙙𝙨 𝙝𝙖𝙨 𝙗𝙧𝙚𝙖𝙨𝙩 𝙘𝙖𝙣𝙘𝙚𝙧. 𝙄 𝙝𝙖𝙫𝙚 𝙗𝙚𝙚𝙣 𝙚𝙢𝙤𝙩𝙞𝙤𝙣𝙖𝙡 𝙖𝙣𝙙 𝙣𝙤𝙩 𝙢𝙮𝙨𝙚𝙡𝙛 𝙥𝙝𝙮𝙨𝙞𝙘𝙖𝙡𝙡𝙮, 𝙩𝙝𝙞𝙨 𝙞𝙨 𝙣𝙚𝙬 𝙛𝙤𝙧 𝙢𝙮𝙨𝙚𝙡𝙛 𝙩𝙤 𝙝𝙖𝙣𝙙𝙡𝙚. 𝙄 𝙝𝙖𝙫𝙚 𝙖𝙡𝙬𝙖𝙮𝙨 𝙨𝙪𝙥𝙥𝙤𝙧𝙩𝙚𝙙 𝙖𝙡𝙡 𝙘𝙖𝙣𝙘𝙚𝙧 𝙖𝙬𝙖𝙧𝙚𝙣𝙚𝙨𝙨 𝙖𝙣𝙙 𝙙𝙞𝙙 𝙢𝙖𝙧𝙖𝙩𝙝𝙤𝙣𝙨 𝙩𝙤 𝙨𝙝𝙤𝙬 𝙢𝙮 𝙨𝙪𝙥𝙥𝙤𝙧𝙩 𝙤𝙧 𝙚𝙫𝙚𝙣 𝙙𝙤𝙣𝙖𝙩𝙚 𝙩𝙤 𝙩𝙝𝙤𝙨𝙚 𝙞𝙣 𝙣𝙚𝙚𝙙. 𝙃𝙖𝙫𝙞𝙣𝙜 𝙨𝙤𝙢𝙚𝙤𝙣𝙚 𝙨𝙤 𝙘𝙡𝙤𝙨𝙚 𝙩𝙤 𝙢𝙚 𝙖𝙘𝙩𝙪𝙖𝙡𝙡𝙮 𝙝𝙖𝙙 𝙨𝙝𝙤𝙘𝙠𝙚𝙙 𝙢𝙚 𝙖𝙩 𝙛𝙞𝙧𝙨𝙩. 𝘼𝙡𝙡 𝙄 𝙬𝙖𝙣𝙩 𝙩𝙤 𝙙𝙤 𝙞𝙨 𝙗𝙚 𝙩𝙝𝙚𝙧𝙚 𝙛𝙤𝙧 𝙝𝙚𝙧 𝙖𝙣𝙙 𝙘𝙤𝙣𝙩𝙞𝙣𝙪𝙚 𝙬𝙞𝙩𝙝 𝙩𝙝𝙞𝙨 𝙟𝙤𝙪𝙧𝙣𝙚𝙮. 𝙎𝙝𝙚 𝙞𝙨 𝙨𝙤 𝙗𝙧𝙖𝙫𝙚 𝙖𝙣𝙙 𝙣𝙤𝙩 𝙡𝙚𝙩𝙩𝙞𝙣𝙜 𝙩𝙝𝙞𝙨 𝙗𝙚𝙖𝙩 𝙝𝙚𝙧. 𝙄𝙩 𝙝𝙖𝙫𝙚 𝙣𝙤𝙩 𝙗𝙚𝙚𝙣 𝙚𝙖𝙨𝙮 𝙖𝙡𝙩𝙝𝙤𝙪𝙜𝙝 𝙄 𝙖𝙢 𝙨𝙩𝙖𝙮𝙞𝙣𝙜 𝙨𝙩𝙧𝙤𝙣𝙜 𝙛𝙤𝙧 𝙝𝙚𝙧 𝙖𝙣𝙙 𝙨𝙝𝙚 𝙜𝙤𝙞𝙣𝙜 𝙩𝙤 𝙠𝙚𝙚𝙥 𝙛𝙞𝙜𝙝𝙩𝙞𝙣𝙜.

𝘼𝙥𝙥𝙧𝙚𝙘𝙞𝙖𝙩𝙚 𝙙𝙚𝙖𝙧𝙡𝙮 𝙚𝙫𝙚𝙧𝙮𝙤𝙣𝙚 𝙨𝙝𝙤𝙬𝙞𝙣𝙜 𝙩𝙝𝙚𝙞𝙧 𝙨𝙪𝙥𝙥𝙤𝙧𝙩 ♥! 

B650DFAC-378F-46B7-A148-CF1858F8F77B.gif

73451FFF-D3C7-4903-87C9-12E9E81678C2.png

𝙋𝙡𝙚𝙖𝙨𝙚 𝙝𝙚𝙡𝙥 𝙬𝙞𝙩𝙝 𝙩𝙝𝙚 𝙤𝙫𝙚𝙧𝙡𝙖𝙮.

Edited by CuddleBunny
  • Like 2

Always love participating in this!

Spoiler

Cancer is always a scary thing and not to just the person who has it. Loved ones feel for those close with cancer. I have been fortunate to not know someone close to me with cancer but I've had my grandma pass away due to breast cancer. My parents would help with money since they couldn't see her, due to distance, and hope to have her win the fight. Unfortunately she lost the battle. It was heartbreaking for my dad. I hope one day there is a cure and cancer is just a thing of the past. Cancer hurts everyone. I hope to ANYONE battling with cancer right now, you win the fight. Be strong, be powerful. My prayers go out to you ♥

• Like 2

Cancer  isnt easy for anyone , My grandma has cancer stage 4 and its hard seeing her so sick all the time, i love her to pieces and ill always be there for her no matter what. I chose all the cancers overlay bc i support all and everyone :bhee:

• Like 5

In 2017, I lost my Grandmother to Lung Cancer. It had been a battle, off and on, ever since 2015. 
She went through a 12+ hour surgery to have a quarter of her lung removed, which left her cancer free.
But it was only for about a year.
-

She was a wonderful woman.
A prankster, witty, always trying new things (even those 'as seen on TV' products) and becoming so excited to show them off.

-
She loved gardening, and could name almost every flower native to our state, and even those outside of the state. 
Ever since her passing, most of my photography is based around flowers.
They're a thousand times more beautiful. 
-
It's a shame I couldn't see what she saw until after her passing.
-
Stop and smell the roses.
I promise it's worth it.

• Like 4

I've lost my dad to lung cancer last year in February.

It was the hardest time in my life, and devastating that only in a couple months I would graduate from university.

Losing anyone you know is definitely a very painful part of life, 

but I was so glad that I had taken time to be with him whenever I could,

and I will always treasure the happy memories.

I will always show my support for this event,

and encourage those who are fighting to stay strong! 

• Like 1

I'm happy to be able to see all the ribbons across gasr already, this is the one event that I've always tried to participate in because it hits so close to home. 

My grandfather who was my best friend was diagnosed with stage 4 prostate cancer and it was very hard to go through, he got his prostate removed but the cancer metastasized to his hip bones, after 4 years it has seemed the tumors he had went into remission but then we found out it had instead went to multiple myeloma. He decided he wanted to do chemo which ultimately made the cancer spread 6 times it's size within 3 months. He then got very sick because he wasn't producing enough blood and with the holidays around it was hard getting him into blood transfusion places. Anything after that is still really hard to talk about, but I lost my best friend a few days before my birthday and all I know is that the first time in 5 years he's finally not suffering. It's hard coming back to this event since this is the first year that he's not around to celebrate with me, but I know he wouldn't want me to stop doing things just because he's not around anymore. 

It's still really hard thinking about him, but it helps being able to vent and see other peoples stories. I always told him about this event and he always loved hearing about how a community can come together and support each other in tough times. I just want to thank you guys for coming up with amazing ways to bring everyone together in very hard times and my heart goes out to anyone who has gone through this or is currently going through this. It will get better, it just takes time. 

love GIF

• Like 1

All my love and support goes out to anyone and everyone living with any type of cancer.  Whether you have beat it or still fighting it, you are undoubtedly an amazing human being. There are people within my immediate and extended family who have triumphed and beat it and those who are still going through it. I love them with all my heart and I'm so proud of them for being such strong individuals. 

• Like 1

Spoiler

My mom's friend was a leader of choir in my church who passed away yesterday due she had breast cancer so my mom & her friend from church member is currently sad and totally missed her. :bcri:

I support this event and always keep fighting! :cutethumbsup:

spacer.png

• Like 1

I'm not big on opening up around here but this one hits home hard. My mother....who is my honest hero had and beat ovanian cancer a few years ago. It was so hard for awhile there, watching her go through chemo, seeing her be a shell of who she used to be. Watching her try to keep herself together for her children and force herself to get out of bed everyday, even if it was only for 5 minutes to make sure everything was okay with my siblings and I. Eventually a day came and things started to get better though and now she's been cancer free for 4 years. I realize that is not the reality of all situations and I am grateful every damn day that I didn't lose my rock. ❤

• Like 1

I chose the one for all cancers since I have a few people in my life currently battling different types of cancer. My grandmother was recently diagnosed with cancer, she hasn't been doing great the past year, she has issue breathing and has been on oxygen the past couple of years. This year it's been progressing and last week I received the news she has cancer but she's in too bad of a condition to receive any type of treatment. My family have flown to Texas to see her in her final days before they unplug her on the 3rd of July, I've felt pretty heartbroken since I can't go see my grandmother before she passes, I currently live in Iceland and it was such short notice that we weren't able to gather the funds to go there. I have been able to video chat with them and see my grandma but I really wish I could be there in person.

• Like 1

The one that speaks most to me is the overlay representing lung cancer. Unfortunately my father has lost his battle with it when I was very young so I understand the pain and grief it brings. 

Since I am not good with words or expressing very well how I am feeling, I would like to share music that might help us get through those hard times.  

• Like 1

I chose the breast cancer overlay since that one speaks to me the most. I can't recall all the details, but my aunt had breast cancer when I was very young and things were really really tough for quite some time. Even though I didn't really understand what it all meant until much later on, it warms my heart to say she was brave and beat it in the end. I still to this day get to be a part of this strong, utterly amazing woman's life and I'll be forever thankful for it. The human spirit is tough to break, never give up without giving it your all and fighting for everything you hold dear! My heart goes out to anyone who has ever lost someone, is currently fighting or helping someone else fight this disease:walove:

Edited by Nemesis
  • Like 1

My Mum has been diagnosed with breast cancer three times & ovarian cancer once (the lastest diagnosis just last week). She is the strongest person I know. She has been through so much & just keeps chugging on.

I love her to the moon & back.

I currently live in Australia & I'm planning on flying back home to New Zealand & suprising her in September, I can't wait to see her again!

:klove:

Edited by Lunlaena
  • Like 1

can you help me put this

breast10.png&key=49aff2fe87a7dbb79116a6b

my grandma's sister died in breast cancer last month :(

Edited by KirsChie
  • Like 2

im choosing the all cancer overlay because i believe everyone should be aware of all types of cancer. I lost my grandfather to testicular, brain and bone cancer last year, my uncle to lung cancer and many women in my family have had breast/ovarian cancer.  im happy that we on gasr are raising and spreading awareness of this disease, stay strong everyone :klovee:

side note, could someone help me add the all cancer overlay to my dp please :klmao:

Spoiler

1a.gif.cedea3a44fd1a1f054c8db97ec98b313.gif.dc2a6709009b75a892865acb3cda4278.gif

• Like 2