Taylor

Cancer Awareness Month [2019]

I'd love to put the "all cancers/survivors" overlay on my dp

78933199_bysorcellyCLASSICDP.gif.e0302d71981192f1dcb563f7aa684f12.gif  & imageproxy.png.ca329971ac5f7e20005852bc8cba4886.png

I've never actually suffered or experienced anyone in my family/relatives that has cancer. But i'd love to support this event. Unfortunately my friends has experienced these kind of stuff, and I've mourned and grieved with them when cancer took one of their loved ones. Seeing your loved ones in pain is probably the worst thing to see. They say the prettiest flowers are picked from the field, and sadly thats very true. thank you for this amazing event. :bthanks:

• Like 4

" Let your faith be bigger than your fear🎗"

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, shoua said:

I'd love to put the "all cancers/survivors" overlay on my dp

imageproxy.php?img=&key=e87f27f0837c003c78933199_bysorcellyCLASSICDP.gif.e0302d71981192f1dcb563f7aa684f12.gif  & imageproxy.png.ca329971ac5f7e20005852bc8cba4886.png

I've never actually suffered or experienced anyone in my family/relatives that has cancer. But i'd love to support this event. Unfortunately my friends has experienced these kind of stuff, and I've mourned and grieved with them when cancer took one of their loved ones. Seeing your loved ones in pain is probably the worst thing to see. They say the prettiest flowers are picked from the field, and sadly thats very true. thank you for this amazing event. :bthanks:

shoua

@shoua Here's your dp hun

Edited by Fallon
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

I'd love to join this event and show my support for the brave men, women and children who battle this horrible disease everyday!

I wear these overlays to support my dad who is currently having chemotherapy and radiotherapy as i type this for a very very rare esophagus cancer. I wear the leukaemia overlay for his sweet baby angel sister who lost her battle as a child.

So much love for this gasr community!

https://www.cancerresearchuk.org/get-involved/donate

• Like 7

I would love to join this event as well and show my love and support for all those who've dealt with cancer and/or lost someone to cancer.

I chose the All Cancer overlay because my aunt was diagnosed with kidney cancer, I believe last year. She hasn't been to chemotherapy yet because the tumor is very tiny and so she's been doing actually pretty good. I always think about her. I don't know what I would do if the tumor ever got big enough to the point where she would have to fight her life and I really hope it never gets to that point.

Also, I don't know much about cancer but I know it's an awful experience and I feel so sad for those who go through it every day. I pray and hope that all of you are fighting hard and just being positive. Even if you have like weeks, months, or maybe even a few years to live, please don't give up! There's always God and I've seen and heard miracles happen. Spend your last days being around family/friends. Do the things you enjoy or haven't done. I love you all. Please never feel like you're alone. We're in this together I promise. ❤️

Also would like to send my love and support to those who've lost loved ones to cancer. I can't even imagine what that might've felt like but I know what it's like to loose someone. I've been there so many times but you just have to think about all the positive stuff and memories you shared with them. No matter how sad it can be, you'll get through it. It takes time but you're not alone. 

Edit: I edited my post up there about my aunt who I thought was diagnosed with lung cancer but turns out she's diagnosed with Kidney Cancer, my apologies!! I knew it was either one of them but again I wasn't sure. 

Edited by Mya
  • Like 5

"Supporting the Fighters

Admiring the Survivors

Honoring the Taken

And never giving up hope" 

pink book GIF

Edited by Siox
  • Like 4

My family has dealt with all kinds of cancers, Breast cancer being the most common. I always like to see how the people that overcome that specific cancer deal with their scars, I know a lot of people get tattoos and they always end up looking pretty. 

Please be sure to check your tatas regularly. Including men

cancer GIF

• Like 7

I wear the brain tumor overlay because i've survived from a low grade brain tumor when i was 10-11 yrs old

I dont remember much, but i do remember the times i had to stay in the hospital couple times

Cancer is cured tho

but i still have random migraines from it so i need to take medication :angri:

I wish i could wear more than one overlay xd

my Aunt died because of leukemia, my 2 uncle and grandma from lung cancer 

gramps from a rare cancer between his liver and pancreas where they had to cut part of his liver, whole gal bladder and half of his pancreas

these were all family of my mother side

a good friend of mine survived from a low grade cancer

It always pains me to see them go due to this terrible shit (excuse my french)

• Like 9

I used the all cancer overlay because multiple people in my life battled with cancer.

The one that affected me the most was my grandfather, who suddenly got cancer a few years ago, and we all had to watch him suffer in the merciless effects it brought. We watched as he went from this healthy person to almost literally a skeleton, an empty shell of what he used to be, and that is something I can never burn out of my mind. He lost the battle and died, which was a blessing in itself because he didn't have to suffer the pain anymore.

Just another reminder to live life at it's fullest and enjoy every moment with your loved ones!

• Like 6

I'd love to join and support this event for who have went through this, no one should ever face this alone.

• Like 4

My grandmother sadly lost her battle against cancer. It started with stomach cancer but then it started to grow everywhere..it was horrible x.x
A few years later my little sister (at this time she was 4 years old) got kidney cancer. It was a hard battle and she lost one of her kidneys, but she won it! Now she's 16 and healthy.

• Like 4

Hey guys. I was wondering if someone could put the all cancers/survivors overlay on this dp? Thank you so much.

I've personally never had cancer myself but I've known people that have and sadly as well as people who lost loved ones due to it. I hope anyone who has it or a loved one with it gets through it well and comes out as strong as you are already ♥

• Like 4

I have added an all cancers/survivors overlay on my dp

I or anyone I know fortunately haven't had any encounters with cancer but I would like to support those fighting cancer and all the ones that survived it, stay strong:cutefingergun:

Edited by _rtbynour
  • Like 4

I'm so grateful that you guys are doing this event! Though I haven't had cancer myself, I've had a few close family members of mine who suffered from it. With some surviving and others passing, this has become a very important topic to myself. I give out all the love and support that I can for all that deal with cancer. ♥️

I would love to join this event. Since this is my first time doing so, I'm gonna need help getting the All Cancer overlay onto my dp. Thank you so much. ^^

1660826234_zaliladp.gif.9e7ef77080d552dfb91ecdde8f8339ba.gif

• Like 4

I added the stomach cancer overlay, for my late nana.

Before this year I never really thought of cancer,  no one in my family had it and I never had to deal with it in my entire life.

My nana, started having issues eating. She would complain about her intestinal gas reflexes and she had to cut back on eating all types of food. She went to the doctors and they just wrote it off as the the gas reflexes and nothing more, my nana was a nurse for over 40+ years and she knew something was wrong. 

A year went by and she was getting worse, she lost so much weight that even I weighed more than her. It finally got so bad that she had to be hospitalized do due an extremely low hemoglobin. She told us that she knew it was cancer, her many many years as an OR nurse told her. We thought "no way" because she has never been sick once in her entire life.

But the day we went to visit her in the hospital, that's when we found out, she had stomach cancer. My mom, who just so happens to have started a career in radiotherapy and nuclear oncology, looked over my nana's colonoscopy and she could see it was everywhere. The cancer was absolutely everywhere. There was no way for cancer of that scale could be treated.

I remember being so stupid, looking to my mom nonchalantly and asking her "well, you work with the top oncologist in the state, it'll be fine right? he can fix it."

As the months went by, my nana's health rapidly disintegrated. She was my nana for so long, but as soon as the cancer was discovered it's like time had sped up. She had battled through months of being bed ridden, unable to eat anything. She starved for months, before finally resting in peace on February 11th 2019. She passed looking so peaceful, after going through all of that pain.

The situation was so unreal for me, it still hasn't hit me that she's gone. Her and my poppop were married for over 65 years, 65 years.

My nana was the strongest woman I've ever known, right next to my mom! (her daughter). She would always be there for me no matter what, uplifting me through hard times in my life and giving me the best advice; My grandparents are like my second parents. She believed in whatever I wanted to do in life, and told me to never give up. I'll forever remember the good memories I had with her, the important talks and life lessons and the funny moments. Even though she's physically gone I know that she is still watching over me in some shape or form. I know that she would want me to push forward and continue to achieve the goals that she believed I could overcome. I hope that anyone else who has gone through something like this with cancer can also remember a loved one for the good times. This is going to sound sappy but truly enjoy the moments you have with friends or family, so that you always have good things to look back on!

• Like 14

I'm using all cancer, because my moms friend battle with breast cancer and my husbands mother is fighting with ovarian cancer. 

• Like 4

I'm showing support for brain cancer, for my stepdad who passed in June 2016 due to a Neuroendocrine Carcinoma. 

What we thought was spinal stenosis turned out to be a large tumor growing in my stepdad's spine and throughout his brain. My step-dad was misdiagnosed by several doctors until they discovered that it was a neuroendocrine carcinoma - a cancer of the neuroendocrine system (glands in the brain). It shocked us, as my stepdad was the epitome of health. He ate healthy, went to the gym religiously, and was very fit. The cancer seemingly came out of nowhere. He was given a one year prognosis in December 2015 and passed after chemotherapy and radiation treatments in June 2016 in front of my mother and I. We watched him dwindle down from over 200lbs (like i said, he was muscular) to nearly 150. He couldn't eat, he couldn't enjoy life, he couldn't even use the bathroom on his own. In the end, his passing gave us comfort that he was free from the immense pain he was in. But, it has nevertheless left an indelible mark on my family.

• Like 5

I’d like the all cancer overlay on this v pls :3 

Spoiler

D2B34A81-FB82-45F6-B439-55D80A772243.gif.3b059e48da3f9e2e403cd3241ef5feef.gif

I’m showing support to all cancers, but the ones that I have had close people I know deal with were breast cancer, colon cancer, and most recently my grandmothers boyfriend who sadly passed away a couple days ago from pancreatic cancer. :bcri:

• Like 3

I would love to join and support this event. Im a new person that just joined the GASR community.. But I have been in IMVU and DA for years.. doing dp's and such. :klove:
I'd like the all cancer overlay on my dp ♥ 

A bit of my story and why I would love and support this event: 

Saddly I lost one of the most important person in my life when I was growing up.. I was 9 years old when my dad died with cancer on the lungs/heart. That made me change myself completly and focus on art mostly and also made me join IMVU. So there is kinda a connection between. 
Now in 2019... Im throw the same pain... We discovered that my mom have cancer on her intestines.. Thx to the stars that she got in time to make an operation.. Even tho shes still doing 2 types of quimios.
And nothing better than putting more pain on my life... I lost one of my ferrets that just finished to do 1 year old.. that got cancer on the lungs/heart. 

This year is being really tough to me, my mom and my sister.
We have been helping my mom... We love her a lot. And shes a really awesome fighter! ♥ 
I say that .. the number 9 is my unlike number. Oh well.. :bfpervy:

With my little story.. I just want you all.. To be strong and never desmotivate! Keep it up! Make them feel strong.. Help them feel strong.. And if its yourself.. BE A FIGHTER! ♥ We all can get out of cancer... Just keep the eyes open and try the best to get it out of you. Even if 'it' needs to live and die with you.. Continue fighting! Dont give up! ♥

I hope you all the best.. And to continue being in touch here.. And to be welcomed haha ♥ :bthanks:
(Also: sorry for the bad/horrible english.. Im portuguese and still learning ; - ; ) 

2.gif.7ed6a8249e3307b909a0e4e86d3f6b09.gif

Edited by Aernessy
  • Like 2