Hey GASRians!

For many years, the staff team here has listened to member feedback about needing a better way for artists to offer their talents in the NSFW genre of art, and a way for general and NSFW content to coexist as one no matter where you are on the site.  We want to bring this new level of artistic freedom to our community in the not so distant future, and we need our community's help! 

Our goal is to implement a mature content filter that can be applied to any content on our website, be it a topic, post, gallery upload or other images, videos, marketplace files, etc.  This filter will allow mature content to exist where all other content is while being hidden to minors. Along with that, a new account setting will be added to choose whether or not you would like to see, or hide, anything marked mature for our 18+ members who are not interested in that type of content.

Due to the level of advanced knowledge needed to implement major core features such as these, and the amount of time and effort required, we will be sourcing a third party developer to help us build this new content system for the community.  We are shooting for the higher end of the budget required for this new custom software to ensure that we can have all the features we want without having to make unwanted cuts anywhere down the line due to financial restrictions.  The total goal at this time is $900 $1,000 USD (we need the extra little bit to make up for the lost fees), and everyone who donates will receive a few tokens listed below as a thank you for contributing to the growth of GASR!

To reiterate, these are the features and changes we have marked as priority for the future content system:

• Ability to mark topics, posts, image attachments, gallery images, marketplace files, and virtually all content on GASR as 'Mature', viewable to members who are registered and 18+ years old.
  • Account setting to show or hide content marked 'Mature' if you are 18+ years old and are not interested in seeing it.
  • Improved moderation system and guidelines to handle explicit content related incidents.
  • Remove permission restricted Mature Content areas and merge all content together.
  • Allow Mature content to be uploaded to the Gallery.

The entire staff team is super excited that we are finally able to start working on this major project that's been requested since before most of us were involved in GASR, and we hope you guys are just as excited as us now that it's on its way!  If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to post them down below!

Click Here to View & Donate to Our Fund

• Like 23

Donation Milestones

For each milestone reached, everyone who has donated will earn the item listed below the milestone.  All milestones are retroactive, meaning someone who donates during milestone 4 will receive milestones 1, 2, and 3.

Current Milestone: III

$702 total donations.

Milestone I

$100

Exclusive donation badge to show off on your post profile. 

Milestone II

$250

Coming soon.

Milestone III

$500

Complimentary Elite Membership

Milestone IV

$750

Donor-only movie night.  (More info coming soon.)

Milestone V - Goal Reached

$1000

Every donor will be entered into a giveaway for a full custom art piece.  (More info coming soon.)

Surprise gift.

• Like 13

FAQs

Is there a deadline to donate?

Nope!  We're going to leave this open until we reach our goal.  The sooner we reach it, the sooner we can get working on the new system!

Is there a minimum we have to donate?

Not at all.  You can donate how much, or how little, you want!  The milestones are met by the total donations received, not how much you've personally donated.  The downside to this is that it may take us longer to hit the next milestone(s), and if you don't donate at least $1 or more, PayPal takes most of your money and we'll only see a few cents.

When will we receive the milestone rewards?

The rewards under each milestone will be granted once the goal is reached!  The movie night will require some extra steps before we schedule it.

What is the surprise gift under Milestone V?

It's a... surprise!  Don't worry, we're fleshing out some details for this before we want to give you a hint at what it is.  It'll be awesome (we think)!

• Like 5

WOW GUYS!!! 

We passed the first milestone and I'm still not finished with the milestone post!  

snow white yes GIF

• Like 10
  • Haha 2

I vote that the badge is pablob seductively removing his clothes.

110 upvotes to succeed (I'm cheaper than Windows vote for me)

• Like 1
  • Haha 5
  • Upvote 15

dance party GIFhappy to have help 😎

• Like 2

I’m glad to have helped us reach the 2nd milestone. 😏 NOW! Let’s hope we can reach all of them to our goal so we can get them feats!!! Woooo!

• Like 5

yaaas!! im so excited for this update, this is going to make things so much easier for those who enjoy drawing mature!

*donates a million times*

:lazeshowoff:

• Like 7

*proudly donates * ♡

• Like 5

I just wanna say that this is genuinely making me so proud of our community. 

The fact that everyone is selflessly donating to help to improve the forum warms my heart.

We hit milestone two in under 12 hours. My heart is full. 

oprah winfrey yes GIF

• Like 10

I'll be here to donate soon I'm low on cash for a few days! When's the deadline due? Or is there none? :bfahh:

No deadline!  The sooner we raise all the funds, the sooner we can get to work!

Just wanted to let you guys know that we appreciate all donations no matter the amount, but because of PayPal’s fee rates, If you donate less than a whole dollar amount, most of your money is going to them, not us. 

For example, if you donate 50cents, we’re only going to get about 5-6 cents out of that. There is no deadline to donate, so for those of you who want to donate multiple times, it is okay to wait and donate when you have more funds. Do not feel like you have to send us the last few cents in your account!  It’s not fair for you guys thinking most of it is coming to us. :( 

• Like 5

You guys are so awesome, it makes me so happy seeing everyone help out like this!

rad jason bateman GIF

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Can't wait to see the badge! :blove:

Can't believe how much has been raised so far, what an amazing community. 

• Like 1

Happy to be a part of this - The show must go ON! 

wonder woman lets do this GIF by DC Comics

• Like 1