Luxor

Authentic GASR Artist Applications now LIVE!

COORDINATOR MESSAGE:

Hello GASRians!

The time has finally come for the long awaited Authentic GASR Artist applications to be made available! It has been a long time, but applications are back and here to stay. Now bigger and better than ever, WOOO! More perks included!

tenor.gif?itemid=3469825

The applications are unlimited and everyone can join as long as you meet the requirements.You may cancel your application at any time during the recruiting period if you no longer want your application to be reviewed or if you feel you may have errors and would like to resubmit.

The application can be found in the community tab under applications & also below. All information can be found on the application page itself. Good luck!

Apply now!

G A S R F O R U M

• Like 6

Do the ones that already have the AA badge from previous times need to apply again?

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Mattie said:

Do the ones that already have the AA badge from previous times need to apply again?

No! you should already be added to the AA group if you previously had it :bgoodjob:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

Oh, this is lovely! :bapplause: I was wondering why some had that badge and how they had obtained it, guess now I know.

• Like 2
  • Wink 1

@Luxor i had the authentic artist badge / was an authentic artist before it got taken down and reformed but i haven't been invited to a group / have a badge.

• Like 1

Where can we view the member list of AA artists?

or is it not enabled yet to be viewed 

(or im just blind)

edit: im blind :D (you said group)

Edited by Mattie
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, doll said:

@Luxor i had the authentic artist badge / was an authentic artist before it got taken down and reformed but i haven't been invited to a group / have a badge.

Pm'ing you for your specific case! :bgoodjob:

@Mattie There will be a memberlist but that is not yet available for public view but will be in the following days!

• Thanks 1

Hello lovelies, just wanted to pop in here and say that someone who has the badge does not mean they are a better artist than those without one, and someone not having the badge does not necessarily mean they are untrustworthy. This program is optional and there are no penalties for anyone if they choose not to participate.

This is just a way for artists to basically become “verified” and help new potential buyers get started. It shouldn’t be used as the only tool to gauge whether or not an artist is 100% legitimate and more like a formal recommendation based on several positive factors and a good history.

lets go dancing GIF by Mason Ramsey

• Like 2
  • Upvote 3

8 hours ago, Luxor said:

Pm'ing you for your specific case! :bgoodjob:

@Luxor same here - I used to have the badge on old GASR too but it was never regranted. I have it on IMVU if that's necessary proof~

@doll  You already have the AA badge.  It's on page 3 of your awards list.  If you want it to show up on your side profile, you'll need to unselect it from the exclusion list in your account settings.

@Astronomy I checked your account on old GASR and you were never granted the AA badge according to our records, and you do not have it on your profile there either.  We never made any changes to member accounts during or after the move.

@everyone  The AA memberlist is now live.  You can access it by clicking on Community > Authentic Artists!!!

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Alismora said:

@Astronomy I checked your account on old GASR and you were never granted the AA badge according to our records, and you do not have it on your profile there either.  We never made any changes to member accounts during or after the move.

Okay that's weird because I had the badge...somewhere...? I was granted the imvu version as well so this is confusing

d5e12b27e4c5bf0c3910f4d790e69c55.png

13 minutes ago, Astronomy said:

Okay that's weird because I had the badge...somewhere...? I was granted the imvu version as well so this is confusing

We're scouring all of the records on both old and new GASR, and we can't find anything that says you were granted the badge officially.  :(  Not even the records the old mods created years ago.  I checked your account and you don't have any name changes since joining so I'm not sure why exactly you have it on IMVU and not on GASR.  The IMVU badge hasn't been granted to anyone in years, probably since around 2014-ish after we stopped being an IMVU-only forum, and there are no account records for it either, which is why we don't use it.  I retired it officially in 2017 because that's when we decided to shut the program down for a complete overhaul.

We're still giving a last sweep on some final possible places a record of it could be, but it's slim pickings. 

1 hour ago, Alismora said:

We're scouring all of the records on both old and new GASR, and we can't find anything that says you were granted the badge officially.  :(  Not even the records the old mods created years ago.  I checked your account and you don't have any name changes since joining so I'm not sure why exactly you have it on IMVU and not on GASR.  The IMVU badge hasn't been granted to anyone in years, probably since around 2014-ish after we stopped being an IMVU-only forum, and there are no account records for it either, which is why we don't use it.  I retired it officially in 2017 because that's when we decided to shut the program down for a complete overhaul.

We're still giving a last sweep on some final possible places a record of it could be, but it's slim pickings. 

Okay then it's a weird situation yeah, but thanks for looking into it! If I gotta redo the process then I will of course~

Also, a question in case I do have to apply again - does a YT channel where I upload commission speedpaints and/or a Discord account I use for gasr chat count towards the social media requirements? I don't advertise my shop anywhere so the only accounts I have in places you've specifically listed among accepted ones are personal. 

Edited by Astronomy

@Alismora - ah, thank you! i've checked my profile and don't see myself part of an authentic artist group. unless it's somewhere else? 

It's a secondary group, so it won't show up anywhere, you'll just have the badge and be listed on the AA memberlist.  Groups don't work like ranks.  You can only have one showing and your primary takes that, which would be the Elite, Newbie, and Member groups.

Hello, I got a question! I already made 1 Speedpaint video for my YouTube Chanel and would use it for the application. But my gasr username isn't visible on it. I record all my art while streaming it on twitch. My gasr name is on my twitch Chanel though. So is that a problem? Or do I need to re-render it and place my name in the video? Thanks in advance! 

Edit: I forgot to mention that I wasn't able to get my stream to work until I had the base of the sketch done. Would that be a problem? 

Edited by LiaJu

5 hours ago, LiaJu said:

Hello, I got a question! I already made 1 Speedpaint video for my YouTube Chanel and would use it for the application. But my gasr username isn't visible on it. I record all my art while streaming it on twitch. My gasr name is on my twitch Chanel though. So is that a problem? Or do I need to re-render it and place my name in the video? Thanks in advance! 

Edit: I forgot to mention that I wasn't able to get my stream to work until I had the base of the sketch done. Would that be a problem? 

You can always edit your youtube channel description with your GASR username! Regarding the sketch, we do require that the process be recording from start to finish. Unfortunately, if your video starts with the sketch already finished it would not qualify. :bcri:

• Like 1

@Cain Thank you for the information! The video starts with the started sketch. Not with the finished sketch. I finish and colour the sketch in the video. Does it still not qualify? :icry:

• Like 1

Just now, LiaJu said:

@Cain Thank you for the information! The video starts with the started sketch. Not with the finished sketch. I finish and colour the sketch in the video. Does it still not qualify? :icry:

It would need to start from the very beginning unfortunately. We need to see your entire process. :lazetears: