-->
Pupper

[2019] Earth Day, A Journey

Vote for your favorite Earth Day submission!  

31 members have voted

This poll is closed to new votes
  1. 1. Select your favorite.

Happy Earth Day GASRians, from all the staff to you!
Earth day is one of the largest secular holidays in the world, it is estimated that over a billion people take part in Earth Day activities all across the globe. It is a day designed to promote appreciation of Earth's environment and awareness of the issues that threaten it.
Earth Day was founded in 1970 by Senator Gaylord Nelson, who was determined to convince people that the planet was at risk. On April 22nd of that same year millions of people took to the streets to protest the negative impacts of 150 years of industrial development. Since 1970, Earth Day celebrations have grown exponentially, it’s created awareness all around to help solve issues such as climate change, plastic pollution, and help save endangered species. Celebrating Earth Day is a day to broaden, educate, and activate the environmental movement across the globe.
Everyone who participated in the Drawing Section and the Experiences Section will receive one these badges (badge dependant on the section):
earth-day-drawings-2.gif.82ee940ced0a4d617a70d22511056a0e.gif   
Earth-Day-experiences.gif.38687c89a7db7a4f41e294bad2a0d90a.gif

Drawing Event Prizes
1st place: amazon gift card of $15
2nd place: 3 months of elite
3rd place: shop pin for 2 weeks

• Artwork must be your own!
  • Please provide proper credit if you do use resources correctly. Do not take an image off of a search engine and submit it as your entry.
  • Please don’t submit old artwork! We want you to have fun and create something new.
  • You may change your entries anytime before the deadline.
  • For the drawing section, this is a closed submission event! Please do not post your artwork / drawings in this topic.
  • If you are participating in the experience section of the event you may post your written entries only here in the topic.
  • You must complete only one of the sections in order to receive a participation reward.
4/22/19 - 4/30/19
For the drawing section of this event we have 6 chests, each chest will have a different ecosystem (ie. Desert, Grassland, etc). Anyone wanting to participate in the drawing section will choose a chest. After choosing your chest be sure to send the number to Pupper via PM. Afterwards you will be given an ecosystem!

Now's the time to pull out your drawing tablet, pencils, whatever your choice- and get to brainstorming! You can portray this climate however you’d like through your submission. Be creative! We want to see how you interpret our home planet. When you are finished with your piece make sure to send it to Pupper in a PM. Do not post your artwork in this thread. After the submission deadline all artwork will be put to a vote and the winners will be chosen by the community.
For the experience section of this event we want you all to share your experiences involving Earth Day. It can be a poem about how you’ve personally dealt with an issue that threatens our planet or a story of how something has affected you personally, it’s up to you!
We want everyone to be creative and share your stories so that we can bring awareness to the community and celebrate what our home planet has done for us!
Any submissions must pertain to Earth Day, we want you all to be creative and share your stories whilst till remembering that this is a day to celebrate the Earth and educate each other so that we can help solve the issues we have here. Any experiences may be posted here in the thread to share with other members.

• Like 7

• Pey
  • Demonia
  • Cymette
  • Mya
  • Illidari
  • Gilded
  • Mattie
  • Hiroki
  • AkiraMinami
  • Darksiders
  • Sapphism
  • Paige
  • Reaper
  • Arianna
  • Ceci
  • Crima
  • Hime
  • Like 1

This is so cute! I'll enter! (the drawing section please)

• Like 1

this table is the cutest thing ever 

Happy Earth Day Everyone!

tumblr_oou4wkt1c41ujz1ago1_500.gif

• Like 2

Oh my! I'm in:fingerguns:*drawing section*

• Like 1

yasss wtf come on event queen one after another?! EXCITING! count me in for drawing~

im gonna start it once Im out of class tonight :lazepeek:

tbh this is litty i have to do game environment and this will be a cool little experiment for my senior game thesis

Edited by Darksiders
  • Like 1
  • Wink 1

I will give it a go with the drawing section. :blush:

tumblr_p7kw85qkIn1rl7jbmo1_400.gif

• Like 2

definitely in :lazesupersxy: (drawing section pls)

• Like 2

Count me in! For the experience section

• Like 2

Definitely participating! (Drawing section)

Also the table artwork is so cute!! 

• Like 2

This looks so interesting!

I am so down. About to PM you the chest number. :D 

• Like 1

Count me in for both the experience and drawing section. :flower:

• Like 1

I would love to participate in both sections of this!

:lldesire:

samwise gamgee earth day GIF

• Like 1

So, I hope this is ok for the writing portion of the event. It's not a poem but just little ways that I have tried to make a difference to how I live to be nicer to the planet. Hopefully people can see some changes that they can incorporate into their own lives and I can learn some tricks from others!

I became more environmentally aware towards the end of last year, before this I'd always been quite ignorant and insistant that there was no point in changing the way I did things because I was just one person. However, then I realised if everyone thought like that then nothing would ever change, so I started making small changes to my lifestyle. These are not huge changes at all, but stuff that was easy for me to change and kind of ridiculous for me to be doing in the first place.

- I now have a reusable water bottle and coffee flask that I take everywhere. This stops me buying plastic water bottles and coffee cups that cannot always be recycled. I also stopped using straws.

- I also have a few reusable shopping bags that I use for all of my shopping instead of using the store's bags.

- I've tried to decrease my meat intake. I did attempt to become vegetarian but I failed. So now, I try to only eat a meal containing beef once per week.

- When driving, if the car is stopped for what is going to be a considerable amount of time, I turn off the engine. If I'm stuck in traffic, I'll turn off the engine. 

- I have always recycled but I try to be consistently recycling. I check the packaging of products to see what can and can't be recycled and if I'm out and there is no recycle bin, I'll take my rubbish home with me to recycle. 

- I wash my clothes on the cold setting on the washing machine, and don't use a dryer to dry them.

- I don't leave any electrical appliances on standby and make sure that if I'm not using something, it's off.

- I'm a teacher and I try to encourage the children that I teach to also make small changes to their lives, and we have a system where children are rewarded for walking to school. 

Not a lot like I said, but if everyone made lots of small differences it'd equate to one big difference.

2437964.jpg

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

I'd love to participate in both sections of the event, please!

I can't draw but might as well expose myself..

Image result for earth day gifs

• Like 1

I really love the table and the badges are so amazing! I'll be participating in the Drawing section. 

stop motion earth day GIF by Super Simple

• Like 1

latest?cb=20160514092313

Me @ my chest if I get anything with snow.

• Haha 3