Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Alismora

What feature would you like to see next?

Recommended Posts

9 hours ago, kupk3k said:

The current dashboard makes the site look like a socialising-oriented forum for amateur artists, and I think this is hurting the site because it likely drives away visitors/potential customers after they take their 1st look at the design of the site. 

 

The dashboard has driven traffic numbers up in areas of the website that were rarely visited or unknown before its release as it gives everyone a window's glance into new activity everywhere, so we have no plans on getting rid of it in the foreseeable future.  Some areas saw traffic increases near 30%.  That's is a significant increase in such a short amount of time. 

 

While I'm not claiming the dashboard is perfect, GASR is no longer a "forum", it is a website that has a forum; It wouldn't make sense to make that the landing page based on current statistics.  The forum went from being our most used feature to now tying almost equally with other areas of the website (Gallery, Groups, and the Marketplace are great examples).  We are completely open for suggestions on how to improve how the data is displayed on the dashboard, however!  It has definitely improved since its initial release, but there's no such thing as perfect.  :)

 

Personally, seeing as half or more of our artists would be classified as amateur in today's art standards, I don't see that as a bad first impression on our community.  I'd like us to be able to grow together without leaving anyone behind.  

 

On 3/11/2019 at 1:06 AM, Kouhai said:

I would love to see a Dark theme option happen. I know it's been brought up before and it can be annoyance to deal with. (Been there) But it'd be a lot easier on the eyes for some. Maybe even an option where it just dims certain areas, like the background?

 

 

 

Will start development on this next week, though it may be limited at first.

  • Upvote 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A starter dark theme is available using the theme switcher at the bottom of the website in the footer.  It has a darker background though the main elements are still white and light gray.  Will work on this throughout the week and next.

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Possibly a way to hide threads you aren't interested in seeing updates for? 

 

More customization on profiles? Maybe basics with being able to just change panel colors if you want to keep banners/backgrounds to paid members?

 

Maybe incorporating emotes similar to (or same) ones from better twitch tv browser extension? They are so fun. Understandable if that's not allowed or even not wanted since it's a whole different website.

 

Ability to choose which badges you want to display (over there <<<<<). 

 

Apologize if some of these are just changes to current features. :{

Edited by Nani
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Nani said:

Maybe incorporating emotes similar to (or same) ones from better twitch tv browser extension? They are so fun. Understandable if that's not allowed or even not wanted since it's a whole different website.

 

Since we don’t know who owns the emotes, and we cannot track the owners down individually, it would be highly contradictory to just take someone else’s images that were intended for another website without knowing the usage rights.  

 

2 hours ago, Nani said:

Ability to choose which badges you want to display (over there <<<<<). 

 

This already exists via your account settings. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Nani said:

 

More customization on profiles? Maybe basics with being able to just change panel colors if you want to keep banners/backgrounds to paid members?

 

 

Came here to suggest exactly that !

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Nani @milikool

Just to play devil's advocate to this. Do you not think that this would take away from the customisation element for the elite members, who pay to essentially customise their profiles? If regular members can customise everything on their profile bar their cover photo and background, wouldn't this take away the attraction for elite members getting the perk to upload a cover photo/background?

  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Pey said:

@Nani @milikool

Just to play devil's advocate to this. Do you not think that this would take away from the customisation element for the elite members, who pay to essentially customise their profiles? If regular members can customise everything on their profile bar their cover photo and background, wouldn't this take away the attraction for elite members getting the perk to upload a cover photo/background?

I don’t think they were saying cover photo and banner, they were simply saying colors to the panels. They were not requesting the ability to completely customize it, just simply a bit more options then gray. 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Kats

I know, I was suggesting that the ability to change these panel colours would make the profile customisation options already available to elite (cover photo, background) less of a perk.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Pey said:

@Nani @milikool

Just to play devil's advocate to this. Do you not think that this would take away from the customisation element for the elite members, who pay to essentially customise their profiles? If regular members can customise everything on their profile bar their cover photo and background, wouldn't this take away the attraction for elite members getting the perk to upload a cover photo/background?

@Kats The main attraction of Elite is the profile customization or any customization in general.

Even if changing the panel colors is a small thing, it's still apart of customizing something which is symbolic of Elite. If that stops being an Elite only feature then it loses some of its glamor. (I think so, anyway, though someone might have a counterargument.)

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I wasn’t arguing that. I paid to be elite for a while for the bonus features as well, so I mean I understand the point you’re making.. I was simply saying they were not talking about the cover or background photo options. 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

All of you make interesting points, however, I'm confused on which parts exactly you're asking to be customizable?  I know the tabs on the profile are the same color as our website theme, but other than that, the only non-custom area is the background of your tab feed, and I would be against making that customizable for the obvious reasons. (Style conflicts along with members being able to easily abuse PSE guidelines.)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, Alismora said:

All of you make interesting points, however, I'm confused on which parts exactly you're asking to be customizable?  I know the tabs on the profile are the same color as our website theme, but other than that, the only non-custom area is the background of your tab feed, and I would be against making that customizable for the obvious reasons. (Style conflicts along with members being able to easily abuse PSE guidelines.)

 

I'm thinking specifically of the cover photo area on our profiles! to make it all white or simply changing the color of the geometric pattern, instead of the beige color is has now, for example. Even if we're only talking about 2 or 3 diff colors.

But obviously it's far from being a big deal if not possible !

Edited by milikool

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, milikool said:

 

I'm thinking specifically of the cover photo area on our profiles! to make it all white or simply changing the color of the geometric pattern, instead of the beige color is has now, for example. Even if we're only talking about 2 or 3 diff colors.

But obviously it's far from being a big deal if not possible !

 

Ah, well customizing the cover photos is an elite feature so it's not something we would allow for non-elites.  The geometric pattern is randomly generated and is different for everyone.  I can change it to a new default, however, like you not being a fan of the geometric pattern, someone else may not like the new default implemented.  :gross:

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Alismora said:

 

Ah, well customizing the cover photos is an elite feature so it's not something we would allow for non-elites.  The geometric pattern is randomly generated and is different for everyone.  I can change it to a new default, however, like you not being a fan of the geometric pattern, someone else may not like the new default implemented.  :gross:

 

oh- No I think it's cute actually ! haha my only thought was just a color change of that same pattern, but it's not possible, and I totally understand :cuteok:

 (but now that you say that it's different from everyone which i didnt notice, I'm kinda satisfed lmao, my main thought was not to be all the same)

thank you for clearing it up!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So these are the current ideas posted here that we will consider possibly for the future.  This is not a guarantee that they will happen, just that they're on the table for discussion.

 

  • Extra tag slots
  • Updates box on profiles
  • Polls on profiles
  • Slideshow for artwork tab
  • Hide signatures on specific posts
  • Weekly "missions" or tasks
  • Profile Customizations (This will likely be put on hold until after the profile design contest.)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not sure that the elite feature has this--Is it possible to request for non-elite by managing the badges on our own choices :lazelaptop:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/14/2019 at 11:54 AM, Alismora said:

 

On 3/14/2019 at 9:05 AM, Nani said:

Ability to choose which badges you want to display (over there <<<<<). 

 

This already exists via your account settings. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm pretty sure we have already explained this, but some of you seem to be bringing this up really often. 

Go to your account settings, click awards, select the ones you don't want displayed. The ones that you do want displayed must remain deselected. :cutefingergun:

 

image.png

  • Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On the note of html/css instead of the tables is one ill always bug about lol. 

But maybe like the an emoji tab have preset tables/boxes of all different configurations where you can click and accept to insertinto text for people to easily be able to customize there shops  etc.  Ie like the photo system but for tables. So that people can make a shop look nice fast and easy 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

About Us

GASR (Graphic Arts Services & Requests) is an artistic marketplace that provides a platform for artists, crafters, and enthusiasts alike to buy and sell creative goods and services.

Recent News

Follow Us

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using GASR and its features, you agree to our Terms of Use, Guidelines, and Privacy Policy.