Alismora

What feature would you like to see next?

Hey GASRians,

We haven't added any major features since Groups were launched in beta back in December of 2017 and released early 2018, so we wanted to hear from you guys on what sort of new features you would like to see here on GASR?  Big or small, it doesn't matter, we'd love to hear your ideas so we can build the website around what you guys want.  If you'd like to suggest changes to current features we have, please do so in our dedicated suggestions section.

I absolutely love when the community gets involved in contributing to the growth of our little corner of the internet.  :phearteyes:

If you don't want to post your idea(s) publicly, please feel free to shoot me a private message, however, I deeply encourage you to post them here so others can react to them and we get an overall sense of which idea(s) the community would love to see!  You may be surprised just how many people may have the same ideals as you.  

chelsea peretti yes GIF by Brooklyn Nine-Nine

• Like 8

Some examples of features we've added by member request:

• Gallery
  • Groups
  • Status Updates/Pulse
  • Badges on Post Profiles
  • Giveaways/Raffles
  • Original Character Profile Tab
  • Lots of micro features--too many to list!

Just to give you an idea of how much you guys have shaped GASR into what it is today.  :pthumbsup:

• Like 4

Customization with html/css :kwave:

• Like 12
  • Thanks 1

can non elite member just give us put banners on profile 

and can auto music on profile work again

• Like 11
  • Upvote 1

omg does anyone remember the days where anime sites had group chats ?? maybe something like that would be cool for the site for those who don’t like or have discord? 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2

@MeiTzu I believe a majority of users purchase Elite for the profile customization, including the profile banner. I don’t think it’d be fair to make that feature free, personally.  :bapplause:

As for for suggestions I have none at the moment but I look forward to seeing people’s ideas! 

• Like 5
  • Upvote 2

oo to piggy back off of @MeiTzu last part, auto play music on profiles sounds super fun and cool !! 

• Like 2

or add spotify playlist x)

13 minutes ago, Sai said:

Customization with html/css :kwave:

I know you guys want this feature so much, but this is a very dangerous permission to grant as anyone with malicious intent could potentially abuse this in a way that puts the website and yourself at risk.  For the longest time, I didn't even have this enabled for myself and Luxor due to the security risks.  I do have the ability to build custom buttons to put on this editor so that you're able to do things that are restricted to html, but I can't make custom buttons for individuals, so the request would need to be beneficial to majority of the community.

11 minutes ago, MeiTzu said:

can non elite member just give us put banners on profile 

and can auto music on profile work again

This topic is to request new features, not to make suggestions on what we already have.  If you'd like to make suggestions on current features, please do so here: Click  However, I will save you some time and let you know that we will probably never remove a paid for feature and give it to members for free unless we had an extreme circumstance with an explanation.

Auto music on profiles still works.  If you're using chrome, you'll have to allow autoplay music yourself via your browser settings.  This is beyond my scope of support here on GASR, so you'll have to google it.

6 minutes ago, namjoon said:

omg does anyone remember the days where anime sites had group chats ?? maybe something like that would be cool for the site for those who don’t like or have discord? 

We had a chat system at the bottom of the website that allowed you to create custom chat rooms, public or private, instantly message other members who were online and logged into the chat system, and voice/video chat with other members.  It was removed on March 8 due to its use not being enough to justify the resources it took to operate.

1 minute ago, namjoon said:

oo to piggy back off of @MeiTzu last part, auto play music on profiles sounds super fun and cool !! 

Re: Auto music on profiles still works.  If you're using chrome, you'll have to allow autoplay music yourself via your browser settings.  This is beyond my scope of support here on GASR, so you'll have to google it.

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, Reaper said:

@MeiTzu I believe a majority of users purchase Elite for the profile customization, including the profile banner. I don’t think it’d be fair to make that feature free, personally.  :bapplause:

As for for suggestions I have none at the moment but I look forward to seeing people’s ideas! 

Maybe the profile banner for free but with limitations like limit of changes per year (like nicknames) (?)

I would love to see a Dark theme option happen. I know it's been brought up before and it can be annoyance to deal with. (Been there) But it'd be a lot easier on the eyes for some. Maybe even an option where it just dims certain areas, like the background?

Edited by Kouhai
  • Like 16
  • Thanks 1

First of all, my english is not the best uwu

Some suggestions:

• Something like a dynamic board to organize orders on profile
  • A kind of feature to lock any shop until the user reads and accepts the rules (not sure if this is against anything >.<)
  • Maybe more tags?
  • Marquee bar on profile for updates or an updates box
  • History of name changes with privacy settings so everyone can make them private?
  • Like 2

10 minutes ago, Ecliipseii said:

A page that helps new artist improve their skills 

We have a tutorials/resource section filled to the brim with helpful advice and step-by-step tutorials available for free or paid located here: Click  There are also some groups dedicated to providing help and resources to artists to help them improve.  You can browse groups here: Click  Some groups I see right away are The Resource Vault and Art Academy.  The marketplace also has member submitted resources that you could use for practice or to help improve your skillset.

I feel like it would be detrimental to try and condense all of this into one page when art in general is such an extensively broad subject.

• Like 2

I secretly would love more emojis/expression gifs :hee: Maybe we can do another contest for artists to enter in and create pixels that is gasr related only (like the mascot, animated expressions etc.) Winners get added to the list. Idk :kcheeks:

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 9

• Polls on our profiles/radar posts (for those who maybe want to start a shop or simply to just have users who visit vote on upcoming things!)
  • Slideshow option for artwork tab on profile (sort of an upload your images and they cycle through, rather than being image heavy)
  • Hide signatures for certain posts without hiding all signatures. (ie. For the first post of a shop that you want to blend with the next, but you still want to see them later!!)

That's all I've got for now, p small :bgoodjob:

• Like 12
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2

me: typing a response

gasr: 2+ New Replies

me: 

angry computer GIF

I kid I love that you guys are commenting!!

• Haha 6

26 minutes ago, Alismora said:

I know you guys want this feature so much, but this is a very dangerous permission to grant as anyone with malicious intent could potentially abuse this in a way that puts the website and yourself at risk.  For the longest time, I didn't even have this enabled for myself and Luxor due to the security risks.  I do have the ability to build custom buttons to put on this editor so that you're able to do things that are restricted to html, but I can't make custom buttons for individuals, so the request would need to be beneficial to majority of the community.

This topic is to request new features, not to make suggestions on what we already have.  If you'd like to make suggestions on current features, please do so here: Click  However, I will save you some time and let you know that we will probably never remove a paid for feature and give it to members for free unless we had an extreme circumstance with an explanation.

Auto music on profiles still works.  If you're using chrome, you'll have to allow autoplay music yourself via your browser settings.  This is beyond my scope of support here on GASR, so you'll have to google it.

We had a chat system at the bottom of the website that allowed you to create custom chat rooms, public or private, instantly message other members who were online and logged into the chat system, and voice/video chat with other members.  It was removed on March 8 due to its use not being enough to justify the resources it took to operate.

Re: Auto music on profiles still works.  If you're using chrome, you'll have to allow autoplay music yourself via your browser settings.  This is beyond my scope of support here on GASR, so you'll have to google it.

Actually some months ago I changed chrome settings to make the youtube music from my IMVU homepage autoplay, these were the steps:

1. Paste this url chrome://flags/#autoplay-policy 
  2. Choose the option "No gesture required" and restart.
Spoiler

image.thumb.png.f4046cd89b57553b2a7dd4a7eb69e7c6.png

And still, the videos are not autoplaying to me :lazetears:

im not sure if this is possible BUT kinda piggy backing off this idea:

10 minutes ago, Cheese said:

Slideshow option for artwork tab on profile (sort of an upload your images and they cycle through, rather than being image heavy)

i think it would be cool if we could upload slideshows to the gallery as well! kinda like how instagram does it, like artists could add zoomed in versions or wips and stuff like that with the main image being on the "cover" so that they don't have to upload multiple 

hope im making sense LOL :lazepeek:

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 3

(Also I've cleared history and cookies on firefox but I still have the message that autoplay is not allowed for profile videos for me too) :bhee:

Alsox2 I've noticed that credit to the DP artists is missing... I'm sure it's part of the updating lately but...just in case lol

I've been stalking into people's profiles and slipping into their activity to find where they got their picture made lol

• Like 2