Graphic Arts Services & Requests
Alismora

Moderator Applications Closed

We're Hiring!

Hello GASRians! The time has come again for members to have the opportunity to join the moderator crew!

As you may know, moderator applications open and close depending on the need and urgency to fill the position.  We're aiming for every 3-6 months to try and keep up with the demand and also provide more opportunities for the community to become more involved!  Some positions require further steps than the initial application submitted, so be aware of this if you're contacted by an administrator after submission.  Until we invite you personally to the team, any communication after submission is not a guarantee of position.

As always, you may not receive any assistance from an existing moderator outside of clarifications, so please do your best to finish the application on your own.

Requirements

All Information needed to apply will be listed in the form, but here are some of the requirements in order to be eligible:

• Has been a member of GASR for at least 6 months.
  • Has a content count of at least 500.  (Exception: Technician)
  • Visits GASR often, preferably several times daily.
  • Has a Discord account and knows how to use the program.
  • Must be at least 18 years old.
  • No warnings in the past 6 months.
  • Has 0 points at the time of applying.
  • Is ranked as a member or higher.  Newbies are not eligible.
  • More requirements and expectations listed in the application...

Current Open Positions

MISCELLANEOUS MODERATOR

Positions Open: 0

MATURE CONTENT MODERATOR

EVENT COORDINATOR

TECHNICIAN

You may only submit this application once.  We highly recommend that you do not choose the same position(s) where it asks for the position(s) you'd prefer and the position(s) you'd accept if your first choice is not available.  Please read everything carefully before you submit your answers. Once you submit, you CANNOT go back and change your answers.

If after you complete the application, you are not sent to a page that states “ Your application was submitted successfully,” your application was not sent. Please look out for this page after you hit submit as prematurely leaving will make you lose your progress!  Clicking submit a second time won't submit your application twice, so don't be afraid to click a second time if the confirmation page does not load.

If you need to access old gasr, feel free to do so with this link: http://gasrforum.forumotion.org/

Good luck to all applicants!

Please be advised that all applicants go through a screening process.  Applicants who do not meet our requirements listed on the application page or the standards we expect for the community will be denied.  Applicants must participate in a 5 part test upon consideration in which an administrator will contact you with further information.  If you do not receive a response within 7 days, consider your application rejected.  This is a volunteer position.  No monetary compensation will be given, though all staff members receive various discounts and perks.

• Love 9

Would also like to let everyone know that @Cas has been promoted to an Administrator position!  (Sorry I gotta hijack this post.)

Application Tips:

• Be honest.  Some of us have been dealing with applications since 2012 and we can easily tell when someone is just telling us what they think they want us to hear.  If you can't be honest with yourself during the application, it'll only bring issues further down the line.
  • Be realistic.  This is a website with members that range in age from 13-63.  You will need to be able to handle different mentality levels, personalities, and adjust your approach as needed.  Filling your applications with nonsense about making GASR a perfect place with unicorns, daisies, and members puking rainbows is neither our goal or an accomplish-able task.  Humans are human and you need to make sure you're on the same page.
  • Read.  It's disappointing to get an application from someone so eager to do more for GASR, but fail to do the very first thing we ask, which is to follow the directions.
  • Arrogance != Confidence.  You are not the first potential moderator who can *insert here*.  You are not the first potential moderator who has thought of *insert here*.  You are not the only person on the website who can accomplish *insert here*.  We're here to work together as a team for the benefit of GASR, not to be in competition with one another. 
  • DO NOT RUSH.  If you feel like the application was super easy and you finished it in no time at all, that tells us you didn't really think about the questions we were asking and you'll more than likely not be a fit for the team.

• Love 18

Omg congratulations @Cas !!!! :ooohyas:

Also for moderator applications - If we've already applied prior, do you guys look at those applications or do we submit a new one again? Just curious! :pblushing:

• Love 1
  • Thanks 1

Awww congrats to @Cas !! :klove::cutethumbsup:

Good luck to the members applying for moderator positions!

• Love 1
  • Thanks 1

CONGRATS TO MY LOVELY NUG FIEND just pls don’t whip me into shape ok love u xoxo

@Cas

• Haha 1
  • Wink 1

one more month then i’m eligible to apply eee :NOOOOO: !! GL PALS !!

• Haha 1

post #2 on the violation of community guildlines doesn't seem to be working  :(

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, waifull said:

one more month then i’m eligible to apply eee :NOOOOO: !! GL PALS !!

Were you not on old GASR?

4 minutes ago, Astro said:

post #2 on the violation of community guildlines doesn't seem to be working  :(

Oops, forgot to move it back out.  Check again for me!

17 minutes ago, Cheese said:

Omg congratulations @Cas !!!! :ooohyas:

Also for moderator applications - If we've already applied prior, do you guys look at those applications or do we submit a new one again? Just curious! :pblushing:

Go ahead and apply again.  We had some potential candidates left over from the last batch, but weren't ready to fill any positions again just yet, so it's best to just resubmit.  It'll give people a chance to redo some bits they were maybe unsure about last time.

• Love 2

Just now, Alismora said:

Were you not on old GASR?

Oops, forgot to move it back out.  Check again for me!

Go ahead and apply again.  We had some potential candidates left over from the last batch, but weren't ready to fill any positions again just yet, so it's best to just resubmit.  It'll give people a chance to redo some bits they were maybe unsure about last time.

sadly no /-: !

• Sad 2

Just now, waifull said:

sadly no /-: !

Well tits.  1 more month!

• Wink 1

@Cas Félicitations to Mademoiselle Nugget!

I shall now take this moment to put in a plug for that mature moderator application (wink, wink; nudge, nudge)
:
giphy.gif

• Love 3
  • Wink 1

ooo if only I was 18 hahah......in 4 months I will be though but good luck to everyone whose applying :byaslove:

• Love 1
  • Wink 1

With Miscellaneous Moderator, what exactly would that entail? I went to look at the application page but there is no information about the duties etc.

Congrats @Cas

Good luck everyone!

• Love 1
  • Thanks 1

Congrats Cas!

Nuggets for everyone!

• Love 1
  • Thanks 1

WOAH @Cas

I DIDNT EXCEPT THE PROMOTION :phearteyes:

oooooof

congratulations nug thug!