Alismora

GROUPS OPEN BETA

Hey GASRians, 

Due to the potential scale of this project, we've decided to make an open beta for the groups feature I've been testing and working on periodically between other projects.  What this means is, the feature will be available for anyone on GASR to use, and we kindly ask that everyone who creates, joins, and actively uses the group system provides us feedback using the appropriate channels.

Those channels are:

What are these groups?

These groups will give you the ability to have your own piece of GASR for your supporters/community.  They do not have to be art related.  You can choose between a forum, gallery, event calendar, etc, or a mix of all!  Group owners can designate their own co-leaders for the group as well as moderators to help out within your community.  While GASR's TOS is still active for all groups and participants, our main forum guidelines are not.  You have the freedom to build and maintain your community so long as it does not violate GASR's terms of service or privacy policy.  We will be updating these policies as well as our guidelines to make it clearer on the freedoms group owners will have for their communities.  Scamming, theft, or any other type of fraud is a TOS violation and you will still be protected and assisted to the best of our ability as always regardless of your internal community rules.

Note:  You cannot create rules that negate our policies or would be considered loopholes.  (i.e. You are not allowed to ask for personal information from another member as that is a security concern and a direct violation of our privacy policy.)  You cannot create rules that allow any form of violations against GASR, it's members, or against any external laws put into place to protect both.  (i.e. Allowing theft/DMCA violations within your community regardless of personal beliefs.)

Group Modules

• Forums
  • Gallery
  • Event Calendar
  • File Marketplace (Elite Only)
  • Raffles/Giveaways (Coming Soon)

Group Types

• Public - Everyone can see the club and its posts, and can participate without joining.
  • Open - Everyone can see the club and its posts, but only members can participate. Everyone can join.
  • Closed - Everyone can see the club and who's in it, but only members can see posts and participate. Users need to ask a leader to join.
  • Private - Only members can find the club and see its posts. Users need to be invited by a leader to join.
  • Read Only - Everyone can see the club and its posts, but only members can participate. Users need to be invited by a leader to join.

Membership Types

• Free - All members are allowed to create 1 free group.
  • Paid - Charge a one-time or monthly membership fee for members to access and be apart of your community.  GASR receives a 10% commission from all fees.  1 paid group per member. (Elite Only)

Group Co-Leader/Moderator Permissions

• Pin/Unpin Content
  • Hide Content (Soft Deleting)
  • Move Content 
  • Lock/Unlock Content
  • Edit Content

Leader Permissions

• All of the above
  • Assign Co-Leaders
  • Assign Moderators
  • Transfer Ownership of Group
  • Delete Group

Information aside, please remember that because this is beta, none of this is set in stone and we reserve the right to add, remove, and change things as we see fit for business needs or the needs of the community.  This is why it is important that we receive as much feedback as possible!  If you have ANY questions, please do not hesitate to ask here!

Without further ado, you can access the groups page here:  https://gasrforum.net/groups/

• Like 14

FAQs

Q:  Can you only make one forum in your group?

A:  Nope!  You're allowed to add multiples of each module as you see fit.  Need 3 different forum tabs for separate discussions?  Go for it!

Q:  Are you able to change the group's privacy option after creating a group?

A:  Short answer: No, you would need to submit a ticket to General > Groups in order to have it changed.  Long Answer: Yes, this is an option that you will have regularly, but it is disabled for the time being as updates are being rolled out and new coding could potentially have compatibility issues after update.

Q:  Can we re-arrange the tabs within the group?

A:  Not at this time, no.  I can look into it possibly being done, but the system fresh out of the box does not have this feature.  The work around to it at the time being is to create your tabs in the order you'd like them to be in.

NOTES

• We will not be customizing group-only leaders and moderators to mimic the customization we provide for the website staff.  That customization is meant to be an easy indicator as to who is and isn't official staff.  That includes our colored banners and ranks.
  • Using a fancy font/text generator to customize your group name and tabs will render search results useless.  i.e. If someone tries to search for your group, your group will not show up.  Please keep this in mind if you plan on growing your group.

Just in case I make a mistake, are you able to change the group's privacy option after creating a group? Didn't want to make a permanently closed/private group for the purpose of behind-the-scenes setup before actually opening it ^-^ Thanks! :blove:

Maybe a mature group?

1 hour ago, Touhou said:

Just in case I make a mistake, are you able to change the group's privacy option after creating a group? Didn't want to make a permanently closed/private group for the purpose of behind-the-scenes setup before actually opening it ^-^ Thanks! :blove:

At this moment it’s disabled, but yes it will be an option soon.  You can PM me or @Kouhai to change your group privacy until then!

50 minutes ago, Uliel said:

Maybe a mature group?

We’re more worried about tweaking and improving the group system for the use of everyone right now.  More important things like functions and added options will take priority.  Once groups get to a good place, we’ll worry about less important things like this. Thanks for the suggestion though and I ask that you post it in the appropriate place in the future!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Alismora said:

At this moment it’s disabled, but yes it will be an option soon.  You can PM me or @Kouhai to change your group privacy until then!

We’re more worried about tweaking and improving the group system for the use of everyone right now.  More important things like functions and added options will take priority.  Once groups get to a good place, we’ll worry about less important things like this. Thanks for the suggestion though and I ask that you post it in the appropriate place in the future!

Oh excuse me if i offend anyone with such a question, i´ll definitely going to be very carefully about this topic in the future...

• Confused 1

THIS IS EXCITING.:klove:

Learned some new stuff already just making my group's profile picture. sdaofjdsf 

this is dope, thank you for letting us get to use it! 

• Like 3

Maybe a way to rearrange the Topics, like if we are to make a topic after another, have the ability to place it in front of a topic that was made before it!

If that's already able to be done, my bad! I just am looking around and can't seem to find where to do it!

Loving the group feature thus far.

Guys please review the beginning of the first post.  I’d like to keep the topic for questions about groups only please!

Any suggestions or bug reports should go in the designated area. It helps keep the testing a whole lot more organized and we can handle your requests individually!

• Like 2

FAQ post updated.